Any australian who has imported a large and heavy driver from the USA?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cool, define reasonable volumes, i have a reputation of it being loud, my current setup is a sony str 535 amp, 725 dvd, JBL HLS 620 fronts and a Wharfedale Valdus Centre (my next project is to build a new centre). I rarely ever have the volume over half way due to the damage it does to the house and my ears.

griff said:
cool, define reasonable volumes, i have a reputation of it being loud, my current setup is a sony str 535 amp, 725 dvd, JBL HLS 620 fronts and a Wharfedale Valdus Centre (my next project is to build a new centre). I rarely ever have the volume over half way due to the damage it does to the house and my ears.

Ok well you wont be able to damage the driver by giving it too much power cause your setup isnt capable of it ..... if it starts to distort badly then you need to back off till it sounds nice again ... lots of distortion means bad things to your setup.... btw if the sub was only rated for 150W it wouldnt mean that it would be less likely to be damaged. If the efficiency of 2 drivers are the same then the SPL produce will be the same for a given power level so long as you keep within the other specs of the drivers. Bottom line is if it sounds bad it is bad!

THanks for all your help, ill go with the Shiva and ill let you know the results. Would you be willing to help with a centre channel project?? wont be for a few weeks though, and even then it will be hard to get much work done (in yr 12 next yr). Thanks again, your info has been incredably helpful.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.