And what did we buy today?

A bike for winter? :D

Attachments

• fatbike.jpg
    fatbike.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 156
Still miss the 1985 peugeot..
The 1983 UO12 I bought off the showroom floor is in the tool shed waiting for a replacement front wheel. It was converted it to a fixed gear 25 years ago but I still enjoy that sedate and gentlemanly springy ride. Maybe a winter project.
UK bike mags often mention the local harsh road conditions. Contis run at my preferred low pressure last forever here.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
billshurv- some suggestions regarding road debris-

First, the tires meant for the fixie crowd have extra tread and sidewall rubber, as they skid and skip their tires a lot.

Second, tubeless-ready tires run with tubes work well, as they have an extra layer on the inside of the carcass.

Third, split a poly tube and put your tube in it- good for thorns.

Oh, yeah...what did I buy today? A 78rpm stylus to transcribe that box of old records that have never been reissued.
Now if I can find that click-and-pop removal software....

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Looked at carbon to replace original wobbly Mavics but didn't feel confident in carbon holding up to regular curb jumping and gravel abuse. Went with Scribe Pace (UK) alloys instead if they ever ship. Reputed to be bombproof, carbon light and inexpensive as far as wheelsets go.

Years ago I switched out for Titanium mavic 517s, along with Hope Ti hubs for cross country & downhill. Never had an issue. Also still use my old BAM Z lights forks that have kept going and going! If anyone knows the Surrey downs, Leith Hill, Westcott and Dorking, along with Bracknell forest then you know the sorts of terrain I mean :) Probably softish except the rocks and trees but a decent heavy cross country with just a steel Kona Lavadome hardtail (although the only original thing was the frame that wasn't replaced through damage or upgraditis). HollowTech cranks always came loose annoying on long downhill decents :eek:

Last edited:
I fixed my 15 inch fender bass amp with the blown speaker with a 30$ Radio Shack driver. Good enough for me :p

Side note:

Wow. Since when did dual 5 1/4" speakers shake a room? These PSBs have better LF than my old 12 inch Pioneers for sure. When I read the spec was +-3db 35Hz-23kHz, I called horsepoop. 30Hz is -10db. That's a 7db drop over 5 Hz. Talk about tuning? Of course, PSB and Paradigm are still working with the National Research Council Canada... No wonder they sound so good.

888' of crown molding for the den.

When riding home from the hardware store, I realized that I should try using my Devilbiss paint sprayer in place of a paint brush.

Duh!

It might make for a more uniform coverage and be faster.

I have been setting on the sprayer for 21 years since I painted my Sportster.

Attachments

• Devilbiss.jpg
    Devilbiss.jpg
    942.5 KB · Views: 126
Sad that there are still idiots performing one of the most important things on any building. You're not alone. How many times have I arrived on site only to tell the owner that there's nothing you can do except a full tear off and reroof. I am glad you are able to fix yours for the time being anyway.
Cheers.

Thanks for the encouraging words Cal!

Being over the garage, and near the middle of the big roll-up door, the wet floor had gone unnoticed for at least a year, but likely more. Am now actively drying (forced air) the roughly 500 square centimeter area in hopes that what is left will be not a rotten mess.

Today I purchased another one of the oddball Motorola power supplies originally made for the defunct Palm PDAs. The one I am using now had such an interesting build that I wanted to get another to trace out the circuit to satisfy my curiosity…

Another old full size Dell PC; Win 7 for $10. Works, had no password, great condition. Loosely thought I'd use it at my bench in the garage - the PC already there is a W10 Toshiba laptop MB screwed down to a piece of wood...

If it doesnt pan out for me, I see the only one who'd take the thing would be Goodwill or ValueVillage. The other side of the technology abundance coin; there's just so much, no one wants it. Unless of course it's an i9 110,000k...

Last edited: