And what did we buy today?

I have lots of power transistors to match so I found theese three, oldschool and from a school rheostats, 300w, now I can test under any number of loads, and I think they're kind of cool.
I have some precision panel meters I will build into them, across the load.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201104-164354_DBA.jpg
    Screenshot_20201104-164354_DBA.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_20201104-164345_DBA.jpg
    Screenshot_20201104-164345_DBA.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot_20201104-164338_DBA.jpg
    Screenshot_20201104-164338_DBA.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
You'll end up twisting the frame with that Nokian on one corner. :)

Today I received a new monitor. 27" 1440p 144Hz Viewsonic curved. It is actually a downgrade for me, as I am passing my 28" 4K Samsung display to my wife for photo processing/editing work. Spyder 4 on the way as well.

Also, I paid $0 to do a fresh install of Manjaro Linux on a separate SSD drive today and I have to say I am very impressed so far. It'll take me a bit to migrate everything over and eventually abandon my years-old, 4-times-upgraded Ubuntu installation. It is about time I "cleaned house".

Last edited:
If you're using the GNOME version, install "system-config-printer" to make the "add printer" button actually work. They forgot that one...

I've been running Manjaro GNOME for a couple of years now after a long time on Ubuntu. I don't miss it. You don't have to upgrade it either - it's a rolling release.
AUR is great.
It took me a while to figure out some of the tweaks (like not compressing local packages - edit makepkg.conf for that one) and now that I've used zsh, bash seems lacking.

Enjoy playing :)

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I can't do GNOME3. I was a GNOME user for a very long time until 3 came along and, like so many, I absolutely hated 3. Then I discovered MATE, like so many others, and breathed a sigh of relief.

This time around, I decided to give Cinnamon a try. So far I don't hate it. :) A nice "Mojave" theme + Plank and a few tweaks - my daughter thought it was a Mac at first.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
A roland TD17-KVX drum kit. Mapex P600 kick pedal, and Mapex H-P800EB high hat stand for my very spoit Daughter.

To replace the Yamaha entry level drum kit that I originally bought for my wife, but she never really played, but my daughter took to, and has outgrown.

Tony.