An arguably better replacement for the resistor in a CRC power supply - R21 PS module

BTW, just got another update from Mauser re/ SUP70101 (after they told me I would have to wait until 2025, just a couple of days ago):
Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 3.02.02 PM.png

and

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 3.07.03 PM.png

Joined 2019
Paid Member
^ Same.

I'm getting irritated. I had ordered earlier this year. I called them yesterday after the date moved from Dec 2023 to April of 2025 to cancel one of my orders along with accompanying parts. I previously had them ship me the in-stock parts along with a few other things I needed and kept the SUPs and a few other parts on backorder. I paid the return shipping for the RMA for the parts I'd likely not need until 2025... Then, I wake up to Nov 2023.

In fairness, the lovely person from Mouser explained that they have literally -0- control over the reported dates. It's all from the manufacturer.

I still have one order that was separate with the parts on backorder. I was just going to ride it out... until 2030. :rofl: So if they come in next month, I'll re-order all the other bits.

Maybe we'll all have an earlier holiday... I've been waiting to build this for a while now....

Joined 2019
Paid Member
I believe that all who have SUP70101 on backorder will get them this year. Latest change is because that company has bought the whole remaining quantity in arrival. Your backorders should be secure. That was my experience with purchase under the same conditions.

Anyone ordering SUP70101 now, will get them next year.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
I called them again ... I got a different customer service rep. He hinted (but would not say directly) that they 'sometimes' get notifications that entire orders need to be redirected for government contracts. So... we'll get them when we get them. Waiting to hear back from Vishay... but, I'm not holding my breath on hearing from them.

On a happy note, I did finally get my laterals for the @tombo56 lower power Class A... so I can FINALLY build something.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
And here’s the finished quad😁.

@tombo56, nice tip in the build guide to slightly bend the tension clip legs for more pressure on the mosfet. Without doing that the mosfet was too loose for my liking.
A couple of typos in the BOM:
  • Line 12 should be 3296W-1-103LF
  • Line 20 should be D3
  • Line 21 should be D2

Hopefully no magic smoke is released during the power verification, I waited a year to accumulate the parts and don’t want them to go Poof💥!!

Attachments

• IMG_1386.jpeg
    IMG_1386.jpeg
    569.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1387.jpeg
    IMG_1387.jpeg
    511.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1388.jpeg
    IMG_1388.jpeg
    545.8 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: 3 users
Nice work as usual Vunce, you are one of the lucky ones to get hold of those SUP Fets that are impossible to find in stock. Just in case, hope you have a spare or two - but here's hoping you wont need them.

Waiting to see how the final build all comes together, especially your thoughts on the amp.

Reactions: 1 user