• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier Modules and PCBs For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find LME48960 on Mouser, RS Philippines, or Element14. I have lm49720 here and I will order 1D23A on mouser and will use them for new measurements.

Since opamps will be socketed and replaceable, only NE5532 will be provided. I will leave the opamp and capacitor upgrades to audio DIYers.

Ok is not in production anymore...

For opamp on dip8 socket, this is better, I have some LME49860 in stock...

LT1358 is very good instead, I'm agree with this italian diyer:
LT1358 or LME49860 ??

I just love the LME49860,after testing both the 49720NA\HA,49860NA on my X-fi titanium HD with OPA627BP in the buffers,the LME49860NA is a clear winner,great mids and lows,highs are better in the 49720 but the overall sound of the 49860 is better.
LME49860 > LM4562 = LME49720.
After testing, I think the lme49720 and lme49860
lme49860 was much better than the lme49720. Consistency and smoothness in the high frequency and mid bass ...
LM4562 / LME49720 / LME49860 - Do they sound different to you? | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Last edited:
I haven't tried to listen to my IRCore350M but I already stress tested them. THD is on par with IRAUDAMP7 reference design and my amp is more powerful (0.05% THD+N on 350W 4ohms)

When I tested my TPA3255 on my JBL Studio 230, highs/treble are on another level, it is soft and smooth, the bass is like 3D, bass guitar and drums are more realistic maybe because highs are better, I've read somewhere that treble also affects the perception of bass. Also the speaker is dead silent, it's like there's no connected amplifier on the speaker.

OK I experiment same thing with Ncore NC122MP (oem version with SMPS)

And the "dead silent" is very important for me... i have 7 channels in my room, when I play music i don't want to hear the surrounds speaker near my head...

I pass command soon Lester for a final match between JLE-800S, NCore NC122MP and TPA3255...

D

Deleted member 148505

OK I experiment same thing with Ncore NC122MP (oem version with SMPS)

And the "dead silent" is very important for me... i have 7 channels in my room, when I play music i don't want to hear the surrounds speaker near my head...

I pass command soon Lester for a final match between JLE-800S, NCore NC122MP and TPA3255...

Is JLE-800S working already?

Normally, it is up to Lester to configure eBay and declare for which country the products will be available for sale.

I configured the items to be shipped worldwide. Only site visibility option is for eBay UK

Attachments

• desc.PNG
    desc.PNG
    14.2 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 148505

Very good Lester !

You think you can mod the TPA3255 PCB for adding PCB footprint of SER2918/3018H (or Bourns PQ) ?

SER2918 / PQ2617 will make the PCB substantially larger.

On my PFFB version I will add provision for VER2923-103KL so that PCB size will only increase by a few mm in length, also it has a lower DCR and higher Isat, although twice more expensive than PQ2617.

SER2918 / PQ2617 will make the PCB substantially larger.

On my PFFB version I will add provision for VER2923-103KL so that PCB size will only increase by a few mm in length, also it has a lower DCR and higher Isat, although twice more expensive than PQ2617.

OK I see SER3018/PQ2617 is more large (27.9*27.9mm)..

Tell me more about your PFFB version with VER2923... I want to put the TPA3255 in this maximun capacity to beat the Ncore NCxxxMP...

D

Deleted member 148505

OK I see SER3018/PQ2617 is more large (27.9*27.9mm)..

Tell me more about your PFFB version with VER2923... I want to put the TPA3255 in this maximun capacity to beat the Ncore NCxxxMP...
If you can notice on V1.0 board, I made the zobel resistors large, it is for preparation of PFFB implementation.

V1.1 is still not PFFB yet, I find the non PFFB PCB layout more elegant :D.

On PFFB version I will increase the V1.1 PCB length to accomodate Ver2923 inductors and will add couple of R_fb and C_fb SMT parts.

I will place VER2923 alongside 7G23A and 7G17A holes on PFFB version.
Different inductors for different user applications.
VER2923 is the best option if you don't care about the cost.

Attachments

• ver2923.PNG
    ver2923.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 196
If you can notice on V1.0 board, I made the zobel resistors large, it is for preparation of PFFB implementation.

V1.1 is still not PFFB yet, I find the non PFFB PCB layout more elegant :D.

On PFFB version I will increase the V1.1 PCB length to accomodate Ver2923 inductors and will add couple of R_fb and C_fb SMT parts.

I will place VER2923 alongside 7G23A and 7G17A holes on PFFB version.
Different inductors for different user applications.
VER2923 is the best option if you don't care about the cost.

Ok I wait for a PFFB version with upgraded inductors... price for VER2923 it's not a problem.

I found another choke manufacturer, the choice is hudge:
http://f.codaca.com/CODACA_High_current_power_inductors_Catalog_2019.pdf

Some inductor as small footprint and good performance, but it's hard to find...

(see the CPEX2722-100M, Isat 95A for 27.3mm*21.5mm :cool:)

D

Deleted member 148505

The CODACA CPD2315/2320/3119 is clone of Sagami 7G23/31A and Ice 1D23/31A, same specs...

CPU2916 is VER2923 clone...

But the price can be an advantage... ?
I already tried to order from Codaca, they require large quantities. If you order only around 100pcs, the price is around half of ICE and Coilcraft inductors.

Problem is that customs pricing here is not consistent, it depends on the mood of the tax collector, sometimes tax computation gets to 30% of the total amount of imported goods. So I limit my imports to less than 200USD so that it will be non taxable. Sometimes I just buy on RS Philippines because they don't have import tax.

I will try to get Codaca samples next week.

I think if we put a very good inductor on both PFFB and pre filter TPA3255 amps, the only advantage of PFFB is that the amp will be load invariant. I have some reservations about the PFFB version specially about the open load stability and increasing the value of opamp feedback and zobel caps which might make the amp sound more sensitive to the quality of caps used, but it's only my hunch. Anyone you know or read about has compared the sound of the two?

On my V1.1 board, VER2923 actually fits, I just have to score out some of the ground plane on top and drill oval hole for VER2923's flat cable.

Also on V1.1, I replaced 12V regulator LM317 with LM2940.
V1.0 is still good though and very low noise despite the use of LM317.

Ok I wait for a PFFB version with upgraded inductors...
I will convert and test the V1.1 into PFFB first (we can convert it by changing some values, zobel and by using protoboard for R_fb and C_fb parts), Once I tested it, I will facilitate the manufacturing of PFFB version, maybe it will be available before November.

Attachments

• v1.1.PNG
    v1.1.PNG
    35 KB · Views: 209
  • pffb mods.png
    pffb mods.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 205
I already tried to order from Codaca, they require large quantities. If you order only around 100pcs, the price is around half of ICE and Coilcraft inductors.

Problem is that customs pricing here is not consistent, it depends on the mood of the tax collector, sometimes tax computation gets to 30% of the total amount of imported goods. So I limit my imports to less than 200USD so that it will be non taxable. Sometimes I just buy on RS Philippines because they don't have import tax.

I will try to get Codaca samples next week.

OK I see that, the quantities is large and depend of models but the price is very low... if you buy 100 pieces the saving is not negligeable...

You can put the best inductors from codaca and lowering the price of the module... negotiate directly via email is possible ?

For the tax your country is weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.