Amp Camp Amp - ACA

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
We’re working on producing a big batch. We do have some in stock but yes, I’m sure they’ll go fast! Perhaps Jason can organize a pre-order approach for the ones that are coming.

Unfortunately Steve Guttenberg seems to only have tested 2 ways of using the amps, the stock 2 channel stereo and I think the balanced monoblocks. That would mean he hasn’t tested the Bridged monoblocks, which I think should be even more “warm and cozy” than the 2 channel stereo, and the Parallel monoblocks, which be very similar in sound to the 2 channel stereo configuration but with more power into speakers with lower impedance. Thing is, many speakers that claim they are standard impedance have big dips which are low, so this configuration can be awesome with some speakers.

Hey!, maybe he’s planning another episode to test these configs. We sure did our very best to make it clear what’s what with the new rear panel!

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
We may make an upgrade kit with the Panel, on-off-on switch, wire to make the small changes to the rear panel wiring, plus the chassis threaded inserts. That would make any 2 channel chassis absolutely up to date. But I think the panel alone is going to be available alone as it’s the main thing, and the DPDT on-off-on switch and the bit of wire is available at most suppliers. Parts Express has these. We can make a BOM.

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Gianluca is only discussing the chassis' as he IS the HiFi2000 chassis maker. We send the Parts Kits from the USA and they always drop ship the chassis' from Italy, which usually arrive shockingly fast and reliably. Until we run out, parts kits will be sent out immediately from the US on receipt of the order. This will give you time to get the PCB populated until the chassis arrives!

The Sept 7 batch has already been sold out, all the orders we receive from now on are going to be shipped after Sept 20.
We have started shipping all the chassis on friday and will gradually ship to everyone who has ordered in these days on a first come, first basis

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_2003.jpg
    IMG_2003.jpg
    817.9 KB · Views: 387
  • 48vdcKampana48_n - Copy.png
    48vdcKampana48_n - Copy.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_1897.jpg
    IMG_1897.jpg
    996 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_1992.jpg