Amp Camp Amp - ACA

One probably stupid question... you are sure this is not a problem with the source? If you flip the L and R RCA cables, is the lower volume channel still the same one?

You mentioned switching speakers and power supplies, but you never mentioned reverting the RCA cables (or changing the source?) to make sure the problem resides within the AMP itself?

And the stupid question is Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! Kinda silly of me to not think of that - but that was it. Hooked the offending ACA up to the Left source, and volume was normal. I can blow the doors off with it now.

So, on to this source problem next.....

Last but not least, thanks to everyone here for chiming in with help. Now at least I have learned something and have some simple troubleshooting steps at my disposal.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
attachment.php

Finished.

Will give them a listen this evening.

Attachments

• 20180620_122101.jpg
    20180620_122101.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 945
  • 20180620_121928.jpg
    20180620_121928.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 370
well that' the schiits - you / they knew that kinda that was coming :D

just make sure you get your documentation correct before shipping across the border, or you could get busted for tarrifs, etc on return.

The name just begs to be abused, doesn't it? They play it up on their website quite a bit, so they are used to it, I'm sure.

I'll be spending some time in the US shortly, so all the shipping will all happen down there. Much easier.

That's half the battle, but just make sure that if repair requires more time than you're planning on staying that the return documentation clearly states "warranty return" or such. Speaking from experience, if the shipping documents include a value for insurance, you might still get dinged for GST/HST on delivery.