Altec Lansing

Greets!

Don't have a clue whether or not setting the Tascam on top has any impact on its response, you will have to try isolating to see if it makes any difference, but from memory it looks like an accurate enough measurement to me.

GM

Many Thanks! I got a feedback from a french forum that the lack of linearities (between the obvious bumps) might be due to the lack of stiffness of the cabinet... (Despite they are certainly stiffer than original VOT...)

........Flickr is the Culprit but don't know why ! When you save pics they are Copyrighted,maybe check to see if you enabled sharing in the Flickr control panel.

Greets!

Hmm, I have a Photobucket account with lots of stuff on it, but it became such a pain to use that I switched to Flickr with only problems posting to Hostboard. Anyway, everything I have on Flickr is default set for public viewing.

Last night and still this AM, I can't upload any images to DIYaudio from my computer, I keep getting a 'The connection was reset' error message.

Clueless/frustrated in (not so) 'Hotlanta',

GM

Last edited:
Jean Hiraga's A5 XO, wings, super tweeter horn response

Jean Hiraga's A5 XO, wings, super tweeter horn response:

GM

edit: Hmm, shrinking its size a bit works, but its 186 KB original size is below the 195.3 KB limit and its width/length is only a small fraction of the limits, so don't understand all I know about this........

Attachments

• Jean Hiraga's A5 with wings and JBL super tweeter response (Custom) (3).gif
    Jean Hiraga's A5 with wings and JBL super tweeter response (Custom) (3).gif
    143.3 KB · Views: 435
Greets!

Hmm, I have a Photobucket account with lots of stuff on it, but it became such a pain to use that I switched to Flickr with only problems posting to Hostboard. Anyway, everything I have on Flickr is default set for public viewing.

Last night and still this AM, I can't upload any images to DIYaudio from my computer, I keep getting a 'The connection was reset' error message.

Clueless/frustrated in (not so) 'Hotlanta',

GM

Try this ! Any picture,scan,image, or whatever that you have or had trouble with, try posting it from photobucket,image shack,etc.. Anything other than Flickr to see if you still have trouble posting it.I had trouble when i tried to post it through Flickr,but once I uploaded it to photobucket and tried posting again there was "No Problem" that's why i think it was Flickr.Was just trying to help you out GM. ;)

Understood and as always, thanks for the effort, but I'll quit uploading/posting stuff before I'll bother with Photobucket and I went to it to get away from Image Shack. Maybe they're OK if I could keep up with the changes that require ever faster computer and connection speeds, but I get too many timeouts with a reset, forcing me to begin again.

Anyway, see edits, I apparently got it figured out at least for this anomaly and the big image didn't deduct from the meager hostboard limit ;). Other than the 'oversize' image issue this morning, whatever was going on between me and DIYaudio just went away, though I've been having problems with #$$%^%^&&** AT&T today also, so that's probably part of the problem too:

Difference Between 806 and 802 Drivers - Page 2 - Hostboard

Difference Between 806 and 802 Drivers - Hostboard

GM

The graph didn't clean up much, so I traced it and smoothed it a bit.
2 versions below.

Not clear which system this is a measurement of, Hiraga's or Stronczer's.

Hi Pano,

This is very similar to what I get with the same system, despite the crossover is a bit different. Concerning time alignment, I cannot go to 9 inches. On my system, the CSD mesured with Arta (confirmed by listening) is showing that 4 inches back is the best. I am using a 291-16A and not a Westrex...

My Apologies !!

Last edited by Pano; Yesterday at 06:37 PM. Reason: privacy concerns - image removed

I posted your receipt GM. I thought that's what you wanted and were trying to do. If I did something wrong WRT your privacy, then PLEASE forgive me.I was just trying to help out a friend.I hope you get those computer issues ironed out. ;)

"MY BAD" sorry guys I should have asked first.As it was already posted on the Altec board didn't think about it.:eek:

Now Back to my favorite subject WRT speakers "Altec Lansing" !! Big A _ _ Altecs I mean !! :D

@ Limono, That is a Metregon isn't it ? The Paragon's baby brother. Nice !

I always wondered what drivers were in those.Are they 12" or 15" woofer's in there?

Last edited:
I posted your receipt GM. I thought that's what you wanted and were trying to do. If I did something wrong WRT your privacy, then PLEASE forgive me.I was just trying to help out a friend.I hope you get those computer issues ironed out. ;)

??? What ?! News to me!

Well, I was trying to post either a picture or at least a link on the Altec forum, but when I couldn't do either, I posted the Flickr link here with a link back to the Altec forum thread, so I guess Mike took that to mean I didn't want it posted here.

Regardless, no problemo and again, thanks for the effort! I don't upload or post links to anything on-line I don't want broadcasted, so anytime I ask/complain about a posting/computing/whatever related problem, feel free to help, unless of course it runs afoul of some forum rule I don't recall.

GM