Aleph-X Official PCB rev Beta & 1.0

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
skaara
one problem with sending cash is that it ends up in the mailmen pockets somewhere along the line. If you have a bank account you can always do a wire, though the cost of doing it it may be equivalent to four times the board price. Why don't you contact HiFiZen and get referred to one of your neighboors or fellow countrymen with credit card? If I am not mistaking there maybe some other guy from slovenia.

skaara said:
I dont have credit cards et, so im stuck with paying with money..
Does hifizen accept cash (us $) payment?

Peter: If hifizen cant accept cash, I would also ask you if you could buy 4 pcbs for me and i would then send you cash..?

I was also scheptical about sending cash by mail. I sent once payment for Sterephile subscription as cash in an envelope. Never got the subscription.

However, recently one forum member ordered from me 2 Alps pots and decided to send cash from Sweden. I was hesitant, but since he decided to take a risk, I agreed. He placed $50 between 2 floppy discs, wrapped it over with tape and glued it over to some advertising folders. I have to admit it is a pretty clever way to send cash in mail and IMO the chances are low for it to get lost.
He also said that he does it more often and never had a loss.;) I ordered additional 10 boards for spares, so if you'll really have a problem I might send four to you (another two I have reserved for john-china if you wonder what I'm doing with all those boards ;)). But try regular channels first.

I just received my boards thanks again HiFiZen for the fine job.

I plan to be using a 16 ohm driver would there be any adverse
consiquences with doing without the current sense active current
source and just set the bias at say 3A and let it go at that.

regards,

bob12345678

Once again, like in real life, the corresponding author gets all the credit! :cool:

bob
do you mean 1.5A x side or 3A x side?

selfmade
don't know about the output power, count on a minimum of 30W on any load; as with any other Pass Labs creations the most important parameter is the dissipated power. Here 100W is the bare minimum (x chn) I am going for 150W which is the upper bound (puts 35W dissipation on each mosfet), and it's what my heatsinks will be able to handle.

grataku said:
I can't take my eyes off this board call it fatherly love. Like Pino Daniele said "Ogni scarrafone e' o bello a mamma sua". Stefano can translate that for you.;)

Since I received the boards I know what you meant by that. They are indeed beautiful and almost make me want to abandon my p2p techniques. They even look better in reality than on the pics. Very proffesional job, thank you guys.:)

The boards of HifiZen are really looking very nice. I want to build an Aleph X with 80 - 100 W/ch (8Ohm).

I think for such a high heat dissipation, it would be better to use the boards of BrainGT with 8 output devices per channel.

Or is there a sonical reason, why only using 4 output divices per channel.

Best regards

Günter

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Selfmade said:
The boards of HifiZen are really looking very nice. I want to build an Aleph X with 80 - 100 W/ch (8Ohm).

I think for such a high heat dissipation, it would be better to use the boards of BrainGT with 8 output devices per channel.

Best regards

Günter

I have a version now that I am finishing with 3 devices per bank. I also finished populating my pcb, and am mounting the devices on the heatsinks now. I will go test the amplifier soon in lab.

I am wondering the sonic differences with the number of output devices.

Anyway, I will post details on my newer layout with 12 total devices per channel in the main Aleph-X thread once I finish it. This should allow for quite a scalable pcb.

You could use output boards with the Beta board, as there are pads in the design for this.

Great job on the boards. It looks like the Beta order was a success, has anyone populated and tried the pcbs yet?

--
Brian

Selfmade

Selfmade said:

Best regards

Günter

Selfmade., where can i see Brians schematics / pcb`s with 8 devices?

regards,

Ralf

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: Selfmade

ralf said:

Selfmade., where can i see Brians schematics / pcb`s with 8 devices?

regards,

Ralf

http://brian.darg.net/aleph-x

If you want the gerber files, I can send them to you. Drop me an e-mail. The version with 12 devices is almost done. I also added the space for input capacitors in the new version that I am almost done.

--
Brian

Peter,
the version 1 will be ever better, there are a few minor fixes that need to be applied.

Kelly
don't worry about it, Chad is a busy guy, he's got hudreds of emails to manage, watch for the final price that will be posted here and send the money quickly when he asks you to. You'll get your boards.

Selfmade:

Hi, I received your board request, and sent a reply, but your email provider is blocking my messages (actually all messages from my domain!). I had the same problem with a different member who uses the same email provider you do. Can you send me an alternate email address I can use to contact you? Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.