Aleph-X Official PCB rev Beta & 1.0

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
rev1.0 order reminder...

Just a reminder that I will be closing the order again on Saturday, so send me your final order quantities by then, if you haven't already. Current order quantity will be around 550, and the board price is now stabilizing at around $5 per board. Additional order quantities are making a very small change in the price as we asymptotically approach the raw materials and process costs.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
500+ Board!

Wow!!,

You guys are doing a great job. I, for one, would like to let you guys know it's appreciated:up: I don't know about Mr Pass, but then again, it's not as if someone can go out and start selling the boards. Who are they going to sell them to when everyone they try to sell them to already has a set or two.:cannotbe: ;)

Rodd Yamashita

I can't speak for Chad but I suspect that after mailing 550 boards all over the world and getting our stash we'll be set for a while. I want to start to build less and listen more, the alephX will be state of the art for quite a few years I suspect.
You never know with Nelson though.
I would have liked to have options for parallel output devices...I guess Brian is covering that part.

I think you guys should take a break after the last couple of months. It really is rare to find people willing to do so much for the masses and the spirit of the hobby instead of serving their own needs. Most us can move forward from here and complete the their amps. I for one am very inspired (and envious:yes: ) of Peter's amps. The pics posted in Brian's gallery are killer. I can't wait to get my boards and get started. Thanks to everyone for sharing your hard work.

Start with only a 5pf in the feedback loop and input caps of course anything above 2uF for those will do. It may be that no other caps are needed. Since you seem a little bit uninformed I suggest you look at peter's "not just another aleph" thread for the most updated info.

Reactions: 1 user
Grataku,

Odds are you are wrong.

The first lesson I learned is that the Master always has something up his sleeve, just when you think that Mr.Pass can't top his latest offering............WHAM! he pulls another bigger and better rabbit out of his hat.:bigeyes:

Jam

Trying to second guess the Master.

Grataku,

I believe the idea of the X amplifier was already in patent form before the Mr. Pass produced the Aleph amps, besides it would be economic suicide to produce a new design before the existing one has run it's course.

Maybe Mr.Pass could shed some light on how many new designs he has cooked up in his head but he probably won't. That's why he is the Master. ;)

Jam

Rev1.0 order is now CLOSED...

OK, I've finally finished responding to my great backlog of order request emails, and I'm now closing the order for Rev 1.0 boards. I had intended to send out the full pricing details and payment info today, however I'm having difficulty getting an accurate price quote from the manufacturer's website. There seems to be some problem with their online quoting system at the moment (it's giving me higher prices for larger quantities?). I'll try again later today, and if it's not giving the expected results then I'll call them up on monday to get a firm price quote over the phone.

In the meantime, don't panic, you all have until December 20th to get your payments to me, so there is plenty of time after I get the final pricing and instructions sent out.

Notice to users of gmx.de email service:

There are several people who have contacted me with orders for PCBs, and who use an email service provided by, or through, gmx.de. All my messages sent from either yahoo or hotmail accounts are being blocked by gmx.de, and I have been unable to contact you. Please check if you can turn off this filter, or send me a message with an alternate email address that I can send to. I will try your emails again from work on Monday if I don't hear from you by then. Note that your email address may or may not contain the domain name gmx.de, it simply may be provided through their servers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.