Hi,

I have read a lot the last days... whats fixed:
- 3 devices parallel
- 20V rails
- JFet input stage
- DC Servo for common mode DC

Open questions:
- IRFP044 or 240?
- How many parallel 2SJ74? Two? Three? Four?
- Is it worth to get rid of the "McMillan Resistors" at all (found a good solution with only a additional Fet).
- May it increase the bass precision with more open-loop-gain or better stay on the low figures?
- The circuit is critical regarding input impedance and DC output. But I like no DC coupling capacitors. Is a differential-DC-Servo recommended?

Thanks for your experiences

Regards,

J-C

Hey,

Thank you Zen Mod...I wasn't trying to be disrespectful....great idea!! Peter Daniels...I need your assistance on the purchase of the Aleph J-X boards! Help!! Smiling...Two sets for a stereo JX configuration...40w - 60 w. I understand these boards along with the proper rail voltage and current can get me to a sweet class a amp....

Thanks,

Ron

Hey,

Thank you Zen Mod...I wasn't trying to be disrespectful....great idea!! Peter Daniels...I need your assistance on the purchase of the Aleph J-X boards! Help!! Smiling...Two sets for a stereo JX configuration...40w - 60 w. I understand these boards along with the proper rail voltage and current can get me to a sweet class a amp....

Thanks,

Ron

Peter is Audio Sector. Last time I asked, he was out of boards.

I have to say that if you can get the Gerbers, having boards made is fairly inexpensive. I just had some made for a different project and they were only about $6 each. That is what I would do. You may have to buy a few, I think the minimum was 5 pieces but you shouldn't have any trouble fining folks to buy the extras, I didn't.

Blessings, Terry

It was this company.

Printed Circuit Board - PCBs in 24 Hours.

It took a month to get them, though to be fair, I chose the cheapest shipping. They produced them within a couple of days. I was surprised how reasonable it was. The boards are very nice. Makes you think about the logic of home etching. Here's a pic of the boards I got.

Attachments

• BOARDS.jpg
    BOARDS.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 484
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
leaving output stage as is will result either in silent or need for Feuerwehr

:clown:

it's easier to take a look at simple Aleph (X is just left-right mirrored around input stage) - lower bank of mosfets are driven with IS , while upper bank of mosfets are load for lower , slightly driven by output signal itself

so , if you flip IS around hor. axis , you need to flip OS too in same way , to keep IS-OS modulating mechanismus