Aleph J illustrated build guide

Dennis has asked the relevant questions. My question is what JFETS do you have installed in Q1A and Q1B? They both should be 2SJ74’s or equivalents. I can’t see it since you have some heat shrink on them. If you don’t have a voltage at R7, my suspicion lies in the JFETS as Dennis had said, you need 4-5V at the gates of the MOSFETS to turn them “on” so they can be biased.

Please confirm what Q2, Q3, and Q4 are as well.

Your N channel MOSFETS appear to be correct in the pictures (IRFP 240).

Best,
Anand.

Last edited:
Dennis has asked the relevant questions. My question is what JFETS do you have installed in Q1A and Q1B? They both should be 2SJ74’s or equivalents. I can’t see it since you have some heat shrink on them. If you don’t have a voltage at R7, my suspicion lies in the JFETS as Dennis had said, you need 4-5V at the gates of the MOSFETS to turn them “on” so they can be biased.

Best,
Anand.
Hello and thank you for helping.

Q1a and Q1b are Linear systems quad matched jfet LSJ74.

(Aleph J Transistor kit)

Q2. ZTX 550.
Q3. ZTX 450
Q4. ZTX 450

The flat side of j fet faces CBE printed on the board on q2 q3 and q4. I hope they are correct.

What does 24v at the rails mean?

I am getting 24 volts when I check the euro blocks on the power supply board.

My antek 500VA 18V Transformer
does not have a ground cable. It has 2 pair of mains and 2 pair of secondary cables.
Could this be a problem?

Thanks again
Keith
View attachment 954297 View attachment 954300

I am also getting 20 volts at the speaker terminals.

View attachment 954301

Last edited:
Jfets should both be lsj74....if the flat side of the ztx is facing you the leg on right is C.
Thats what I did. Just like these in the build guide.

Screenshot_20210523-222242_Chrome.jpg
View attachment 954303

I was able to get this shot of q1a View attachment 954304

Ok picture of q1b looks different

View attachment 954306

Last edited:

Best,
Anand.
It looks like I have Q1A as LSJ74
and Q2B as LSK 170.

Is this my issue?

View attachment 954310 View attachment 954311

Last edited: