Aleph J Dim Bulb Tester Post

To test only the amp modules I solved it quite cheap. I got two SK80H, each is fed by a 20v/90w laptop brick. These are buck boost converters and will be able to give lower or higher voltages than the voltage of the ps feeding them.
To mention that the SK80H is good til 50-60w and the fans inside are quite noisy but for the price I paid it’s fine with me.

OMG! I cannot wrap my head around a pretty basic DBT using 1 single gang switch/outlet to a single gang double outlet. I have sketched what I think to be correct up to the final Neutral connection. I must admit this is rather frustrating as it is a seemingly simple concept, any help is most appreciated. DBT Circuit (FILEminimizer).jpg

No worries at all bud. The switch/outlet side gets a line in , sw leg out. The switch leg is most likely in the form of a shorting bar between the upper/lower terminals on the opposite side from the line in. You'll pull your hot for the duplex outlet from the screw terminal at the top of that shorting bar and bring it to either terminal on the smaller blade side of d2 if you want the duplex switched. Take your hit for d2 feom the line in term at the switch if you'd like d2 always hot.Neutral will enter d2 lower terminal N (larger blade)> shorting bar to top terminal and jumper over the the switch outlet N terminal. Clear as mud? No coffee yet here.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
Lol, whoa up. Making coffee now. Confused myself with the plug in bulb. Jeeze
Hot in to d1 sw> out opposite side> shorting bar to outlet> out opposite terminal and > hot terminal on d2 (small blade) upper or lower. They'll be connected with a shorting bar. Neutral to d2 N term(larger blade) which will also have a shorting bar. Done. Sorry for the confusion 😕

Thanks for helping, I can't help but 😂 cause I can so relate, just finished my second dbl Latte. I'm going to read what you posted a couple of times then post a description of what I come up with.
Plainly this time, Your sw leg simply passes through the attached outlet and the hot lays down on the duplex like any other outlet install. N is a single connection to the duplex. DO keep your grounds separate to each device, NOT daisy chained. :)