AK4499EQ - Best DAC ever

Firmware and drivers for HXMelody?

Can someone give advice on software support with these chinese brands? Do they write their own firmware and drivers (which could mean dodgy support for the long run), or do they use generic support with stuff written by the original manufacturers?

The AK4499EQ utilizes the cheap modern high distortion delta-sigma modulation method. The abundant quantization error noise and high frequency harmonic transients generated cannot be brushed under the rug and will impact the audible range.

The electrical characteristics of CMOS devices are horrible for the task of processing audio signals.

Op-amps are ill-suited for I/V conversion and filtering. Why use crappy op-amps in nonindustrial artisanal approaches at all?

Any attempt at analysing such a strongly nonlinear abstruse system is simply ridiculous. I love the hypocrisy, spiritualism and wishful thinking in audio.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
The AK4499EQ utilizes the cheap modern high distortion delta-sigma modulation method. The abundant quantization error noise and high frequency harmonic transients generated cannot be brushed under the rug and will impact the audible range.

The electrical characteristics of CMOS devices are horrible for the task of processing audio signals.

Op-amps are ill-suited for I/V conversion and filtering. Why use crappy op-amps in nonindustrial artisanal approaches at all?

Any attempt at analysing such a strongly nonlinear abstruse system is simply ridiculous. I love the hypocrisy, spiritualism and wishful thinking in audio.

I might print and frame this post for everytime I need a laugh. Contains the highest density of audiofool BS in a few sentances I have seen for a while.

As far as I/V conversion is concerned. Nelson Pass designed a beautifully simple discrete solution a long time ago (for his once and only DAC). Why don't people use something similar?

Because the OP Z of the 4499 is so low and the current swing so high, these
grounded base / source, open loop I-V's will produce a huge amount of
distortion.
It is possible to do but to keep the distortion down to a reasonable amount
requires really large quiescent current running through the IP device.

TCD

Because the OP Z of the 4499 is so low and the current swing so high, these
grounded base / source, open loop I-V's will produce a huge amount of
distortion.
It is possible to do but to keep the distortion down to a reasonable amount
requires really large quiescent current running through the IP device.

TCD

I see, Terry. Are there any IP device that would be up to the task?