• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Hi guys.

Right now we have a list of features.

We have 1 week rest now because of holidays but we are really close. We need to test the channel switching. that's all.

I have attached drafts for the userguide

The motor driver is a sparkfun serial motor driver for controlling a ALPS potmeter with motor.

MCP23009 is an I2C bus expander that giver you volume control from 57 to 255 on a 8 bit bus. => 0 - 99 on the display.

In the AK4490 it is equal to 1dB step from 0 to -99dB

Remote pairing is in place.

Display is showing volume when using encoder or remote for 15 seconds after release going back to Channel display. Which again dims to low level after 15 seconds. The PCA9955B is really good at controlling the LED's in the 7 segment displays.

1 dot is lighting up when remote is used.

BR

Sonny

Attachments

• userguide.pdf
    357.2 KB · Views: 190
The thing is I have a frontpanel that is made of 20mm oak so It´s not so easy to make a hole there at least not with my hand tools.
I could mount it on the top there it is 2mm aluminium.
But the voulume control I dont need beacuse this Dac will be a part of an active setup with 3 dacs.
If I don´t use the volume control is the volume set to max then?

The thing is I have a frontpanel that is made of 20mm oak so It´s not so easy to make a hole there at least not with my hand tools.
I could mount it on the top there it is 2mm aluminium.
But the voulume control I dont need beacuse this Dac will be a part of an active setup with 3 dacs.
If I don´t use the volume control is the volume set to max then?

I Will make a version where you can control the setting through an RS232 port. The same used for boot loader firmware upgrade

Simple Frontpanel

Hi

I hvad tested the simple front panel and Sonny have added some ekstra functions.
Switching between the different i2s codecs.
We can also adjust the speed for a alps motorpot.
It alls works through the apple remote, and it's really well done.
So thanks for your works so far :)

Hopefully All you that have ordered the new Dac well be as pleased as I am. Looking forward to hear your comments when you receive and get the possibility to try it.

Cheers

Aboe

Alps

Thanks for the update.

Just a quick question. Do the alps pot does analog volume control? Where does alps pot sit in the chain? After the output stage?
Does the front panel offer digital volume control too? Can you or sonny elaborate on this?

Yes, the alps is for the analog volumecontrol and is placed between the output stage and the amplifier.
The front panel also offer a digital volume control, and to be honest - it's really hard to hear the difference, but I prefer the alps...... maybe because I already had bought it ;-)

Cheers

Anders

They are ready to ship out:

IMG_2962.JPG

And by the way we are going to make an output shield with 2 x60watt into 4 ohms load when running at 24vdc. It is based on tpa3244

Together with the dac it is possible to make a compact digital only integrated amplifier for 528€ excluding chassis and power supply.
With powersupply and chassis it will be possible to make a amplifier for less 800€ which will real high end sound.

Br

Sonny