• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

I got asked if i could provide discounts by selling more in 1 order on the Daughter-board for the Gain modules.

The Daughter-board is just as expensive for me to produce as the Discrete output board. I have made this board to be able to sell the gain modules.

So by providing the board at a of only 20€ with two gain modules and for free with 4 gain modules is already the discount I can give on the Daughter board + 2/4 gain modules.

BR

Sonny
And remember these are high quality boards. Very skillfully laid out too. A great offer in my humble opinion. BR Per

New LPS v2.1 board arrived today with better transformer from Talema.

This transformer is good for 800mA output on +/-15vdc

It Can be fitted with a lower transformer and smaller heat sinks for +/-250mA for the RIAA stage for assembly in 1 unit high chassis.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple frontpanel PCB arrived today:

1d5bc3c9cba78ce29c359faa8a1cdac2.jpg

Here we have 2 and 1/2 version of the LPS v2.1

From right to left.

1) 400mA supply. 26 mm height over PCB. When used the USB dac or RIAA only it will have a temperature rise of 20 degrees Celsius above ambient temperature. They pull 140 to 150mA from +/-15VDC
(Price is 150€)

2) 400mA supply. 51 mm height over PCB. When used the Preamp set only it will have a temperature rise of 20 degrees Celsius above ambient temperature. They pull 140 to 150mA from +/-15VDC
(Price is 155€)

3) configuration with a 25va transformer and 51mm height on heatsink will have a temperature rise of 30 degrees Celsius with 500mA load. (Compared to LPS v2.0 the temperature is 10 degrees Celsius lower)
(Price is 191€)

The digital supply in the middle is a simpleswitcher design with low EMI and fixed PWM frequency followed by a TPS7A4700 which can be jumped in 100mV steps. The digital supply can feed up to 500mA

eccf7869e0c77b1b86494f524e979688.jpg

Last edited:
Here how I'll supply the DAC. For the analog +-15V section I'll use the excellent Twisted Pear dual Shunt regulator Placid HD-BP, with toroidal power transformer. I had them in stock so...

For the digital 5V I used Sonnya recommended switching power supply module, with a twist. I made a custom pcb, with ground shield, output CLC filter, shielded mu-metal enclosure, and output using feedthrought filters. Here a few pictures...

Attachments

• Img_1632.jpg
    Img_1632.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 713
  • Img_1634.jpg
    Img_1634.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 668
  • Img_1635.jpg
    Img_1635.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 656
  • Img_1636.jpg
    Img_1636.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 606
  • Img_1637.jpg
    Img_1637.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 607
New output board - test

Hi

I have been så lucky to get the first new output board board for the Dac, and Sonny have made some changes from the prototype I have testes earlier, and.....oh, he actually made it even better in Sound.
The stereo perspective is better, more wide, open and more accurate. Even the details stands more calm, and there is lot of them. I just heard some new details I never had heard before, at Roger Waters, Amused to death.
So I really hope for you guys that Sonny will make them quickly and send them to you - you really have something to look forward to :)

Cheers Aboe

Attachments

• IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 302
Just How it is assembled.

Now Birk who has started at my company last week (programmer) was sick today.

It was planned that we should show the menus tomorrow but we will work as fast as possible to get it ready.

So right now we have the output stage ready (10 is assembled right now)

And the front panel (first one hand soldered by me. That's the reason for the ugly solder points).

Margit is ready with the other order that we have in house tomorrow, so she will start assemble the front panels and the new dac boards with errors removed.

94db38db8e8c4649c7ebb85ba27c40ad.jpg
38d2351c6d43b5e18534d095b1d84a18.jpg

Hi

I have been så lucky to get the first new output board board for the Dac, and Sonny have made some changes from the prototype I have testes earlier, and.....oh, he actually made it even better in Sound.
The stereo perspective is better, more wide, open and more accurate. Even the details stands more calm, and there is lot of them. I just heard some new details I never had heard before, at Roger Waters, Amused to death.
So I really hope for you guys that Sonny will make them quickly and send them to you - you really have something to look forward to :)

Cheers Aboe
If sound quality is proportional with beautiful assembly and design - then I understand Aaboes comment :) These 4 gain modules on the motherboard look as a piece of art --- Impressive...