• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Is this to big? 280x50mm

I know that some of the caps is in the way of screws in power transistors.

Also the two flat package in the front is supposed to be two axial film capacitors.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2020-10-19 16.15.25.jpg
    Skærmbillede 2020-10-19 16.15.25.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 229
Yes it is more powerful. It can run up to +/-85v. But that would require good cooling as it will dissipate close to 400W worst case.
So to any working with amps is 300W range with 4.output devices only... That is not enough as they will dissipate close to 100W each. That's why it is 8 power devices.

I call this one a elektor legacy as it is still current feedback but there are some simerlarities with some of the elektor design. It is more simple.

The two input caps are essentially working in parallel. So best is better than 5% tolerance.

Hi, i took the freedom to quote ponnocchio on MIRAND A1 V1.2

"Just listened to it seriously for the first time tonight as it was playing all week last week on my test speakers for burnin.

The amplifier sounds very good! Fast punchy bass with texture, super wide soundstage, very good instrument separation and very nice tone to voices. The amp also has very good detail retrieval without being analytical. Very impressive amplifiers! Now I have to test it with different gears for fun! To be noted, the amplifier sounds its best after an hour of power on, which is quite normal in my book."