AEM6000 Based 50W Amp

Hello suzyj,
here is a layout for your 50W rev-2 version amp schema. Single sided with THT components, except for the SST404, which goes on the bottom side. To-92's are MPSA06/MPSA56. Any reason not using KSC1845/A992 .
As expected, size is more, 66mm x 95 mm.

regards
prasi

Attachments

• SUZYJ-50W-R2-AMP-1-min.png
    SUZYJ-50W-R2-AMP-1-min.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 786
  • SUZYJ-50W-R2-AMP-SCH.png
    SUZYJ-50W-R2-AMP-SCH.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 744
Last edited:
Oh no, I wasn’t at all serious. It’s the DIYaudio version of “break a leg”.

It looks really nice.

Haha alright, I already thought so ;) Of course my hint at HASL vs. ENIG wasn't serious either, I was just poking a bit of fun at the debate whether or not surface finish actually has an impact on PCB performance :D

I just powered up my board, with a pair of lab bench power supplies first to have current limiting capabilites and was then quickly able to transfer over to the toroidal trafo. Now I'm waiting for it to warm up, recheck voltages and then hopefully hear some notes from it tonight :)

Congratulations and good luck! :cheers:

Let us know how it went.

Yesterday I assembled the second amplifier board for a complete stereo set, after testing the first board with some music worked flawlessly.

Assembly of the second board went even quicker than the first one!

Just now I connected the stereo pair to my computer for the first time and must say that I am very happy with what I hear. Only thing now is, that I'll have to switch to an external DAC, since the complete silence with no playback on the first test with my phone has now changed to a subtle hum.

I am looking forward to soon building a third channel for my 6" subwoofer and a few accessories like a slow-start and speaker-delay as well as an active high-/low-pass filter.

Thank you for this awesome design and the great documentation you provide, suzy!