ADC using ES9102/9112

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Check out Rigisystems

USB Audio - Rigisystems

Does I2S to USB up to 32 bit / 384kHz

cheers

Terry

Many thanks Terry,

Yes, I have looked at usbpal before and I used to wonder what the use of I2S input was. Now this has become clear :)
So we have two systems to consider now for I2S capture after the ADC

Just got all the datasheets for ES9102A & 9112 chips. Will dig in advise further.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Jitter on the ADC data transfer is a non-issue. As long as the data is transferred bit perfect the only issue is that of the sampling clock jitter, reclocking the data achieves nothing.

Correct - I'm worrying about the clock *into* the ADC chip. Surely the Ian clock could be used to feed the ADC process. And then we need to take care of from the ADC chip outgoing bit stream (which now has no jitter aspects) ... here a buffer is probably needed before it hits a suitable interface standard... buffer.... Ian.... :) but maybe that buffer is a bit overkill here...

//

Attachments

• ADC.jpg
    ADC.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 534
Just a ballpark figure based on initial estimates:

USD 85 for an ADC board only with just the ES9112 chip loaded. Add the rest on your own. BOM, schematic provided. Sorry, unfortunately datasheets cannot be provided as yet with this board until further permission from ESS.

Hope this order

I will need a show of hands before I start the layout

PS there is also the more expensive 9102 chip - similar but unless you want mono as well that requires ext control to configure.

Last edited:
Is there any I2S -> USB boards that could be hooked on to this board to save data on a laptop?

See post here for suitable USB hardware based on USBPAL
Many thanks Terry,

Yes, I have looked at usbpal before and I used to wonder what the use of I2S input was. Now this has become clear :)
So we have two systems to consider now for I2S capture after the ADC

And then we need to look for a suitable Audio Editing Software that matches the USB hardware above

Last edited:
See post here for suitable USB hardware based on USBPAL

And then we need to look for a suitable Audio Editing Software that matches the USB hardware above

Acko,

What sort of editing do you want to do? There are many pro / semi pro packages most work with Asio drivers and some are quite inexpensive.
But I'm guessing you are referring to software that manages USB IP and talks to editing or DAW package.

I'm interested in at least 1 but I'd like multi channel capability probably with clock synchronization.

Did you receive my PM?

cheers

Terry

Last edited:
Acko,

What sort of editing do you want to do? There are many pro / semi pro packages most work with Asio drivers and some are quite inexpensive.
But I'm guessing you are referring to software that manages USB IP and talks to editing or DAW package.

I'm interested in at least 1 but I'd like multi channel capability probably with clock synchronization.

Did you receive my PM?

cheers

Terry

The 9102C has a slave mode so should be possible

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.