ADC using ES9102/9112

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
QUOTE=more10;3898320]Hi, your AKV-8 is very interesting. Please PM your price.

I would be very interested in ESS ES9102 kits as well.[/QUOTE]

Second that ADC interest.

//

We may have to do another project for this. There are evaluation boards from ESS for you to experiment or are you looking from something more customized?

PS. Will respond to your PM soon, thanks

I am looking for something which is affordable :). I like the ESS since it has biquad filter which can be used for RIAA. Other cheaper ADCs could be used for line level inputs.

So, it is like a "Digital Vinyl Transport" that can be hooked up to the 9018 DAC?

seems like a very good , maybe state of the art ADC compared to the existing ones on the market ... but how could it be properly interfaced to a PC? I would love to rip my vinil collection with this ADC :)

I also remember the CM6631A chip has 2 x I2S inputs (beside I2S outputs) so I think it would be a very cheap solution to integrate this ADC through an USB interface ASYNCHRONOUSLY and supporting all sample rates up to 384 khz;
would be a nice project ...

My intention is to build a ADC for recording with michrophones. 2 channels (or 4?). The Ian clock / buffer is a given. At least a very good clock - the buffer might not be needed. USB out (or ethernet/TCP/IP). Or SSD.

//

Jitter on the ADC data transfer is a non-issue. As long as the data is transferred bit perfect the only issue is that of the sampling clock jitter, reclocking the data achieves nothing.

We are talking about I2S to USB not the other way round. Is there anything out there already?
Can RPi etc take I2S inputs?

as I mentioned earlier, a cheap CM6631A can handle I2S input and asynchronous USB transfer afterwards at all the samplerates, it is stated in their datasheet;
ASUS already implemented in several of their pro-sumer soundcards this CM6631A chip as a communication interface between the onboard ADC and DAC; I even saw internal soundcard that uses internal USB connection from this chip to motherboard rather than using PCI-e interface

as I mentioned earlier, a cheap CM6631A can handle I2S input and asynchronous USB transfer afterwards at all the samplerates, it is stated in their datasheet;
ASUS already implemented in several of their pro-sumer soundcards this CM6631A chip as a communication interface between the onboard ADC and DAC; I even saw internal soundcard that uses internal USB connection from this chip to motherboard rather than using PCI-e interface

Thanks, looks good!

in case of the CM6631A , ASUS firmware and driver could be used that has the I2S input option enabled by default (I have the firmware upload tool from another thread); but I was wrong with the 384 khz sample rate, it only supports 192 khz max. but with selectable bit depth of 16,24,32 ;

here are some excerpts from the datasheet

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

later edit:

hmm, it seems like the new ASUS ESSENCE 3 DAC, has the newest CM6632A with support also for DSD stream;
here are some detailed pictures of the chip with a full review :

http://soundnews.ro/2014/02/09/asus-essence-iii-review-english-version/

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.