Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

Whoops.

I guess it's a sine sweep?

Whatever it is, my neighbors hate it. I literally have teenagers walking by and making the noise to clown on me.

Buwooooooooooop

Buwooooooooooop

The place I lived two years ago, the sine sweep would make the dog across the street freak out, and then the neighbor across the street would stand in front of her house and glare at me.

All of this and more can be yours, for the low low price of $1,700,000 in California. Living the dream!

Haha...i hate it too Patrick !

Whenever i run high level SPL distortion tests of CD's outdoors, there's always the risk of neighbors calling in air-raid sirens, or UFO's :D

BuwoooooooooooooP .....lol

But all kidding aside and a Segway, one of the beauty's of dual channel FFTs is how they are source-signal independent at making transfer function measurements.
I've never had a neighbor complain about pink noise, and if they did, I'd just switch to spectrally dense music which works just fine.

Is pink noise as accurate? I suppose I should know this by now.

Pink noise is definitely way less obnoxious than sine sweeps.

One time when I lived in Oregon City, I did a sine sweep into a B&C woofer, didn't check the voltage level, and I think they literally heard it the next town over. It's a straight shot across the river and there's nothing to attenuate the sound between the two towns. People probably thought it was a Tsunami siren.

Attachments

• tsunami-warning-signs-in-the-harbour-at-port-townsend-washington-usa-north-america-RF8BCY.jpg
    tsunami-warning-signs-in-the-harbour-at-port-townsend-washington-usa-north-america-RF8BCY.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 364
Technically, I've been taught that nothing is as accurate as sine sweeps.
But that is soooooooo much technicality, and not the least to do with anything that matters real world.

But even technically, another great thing about dual-channel using pink or music or whatever, is that it allows real-time temporal averaging, increasing accuracy beyond that of a single sine sweep.

But that said, you could average multiple sine sweeps as REW explains, and maybe achieve even greater technical excellence ....

And make everybody, including ourselves, even more ultra annoyed !!! LoL

One time when I lived in Oregon City, I did a sine sweep into a B&C woofer, didn't check the voltage level, and I think they literally heard it the next town over. It's a straight shot across the river and there's nothing to attenuate the sound between the two towns. People probably thought it was a Tsunami siren.

I’m sure the comfortable folks in West Linn are used to much worse from across the river. You should see OC now... but I digress off topic

Technically, I've been taught that nothing is as accurate as sine sweeps.
But that is soooooooo much technicality, and not the least to do with anything that matters real world.

But even technically, another great thing about dual-channel using pink or music or whatever, is that it allows real-time temporal averaging, increasing accuracy beyond that of a single sine sweep.

But that said, you could average multiple sine sweeps as REW explains, and maybe achieve even greater technical excellence ....

And make everybody, including ourselves, even more ultra annoyed !!! LoL

Angelo Farina, the author of the ecponential sweep method, has shown that the best, most accurate, result is when you use one really long sweep instead of averaging.

( which is of course even more annoying, I know :))