• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AAK Blackbird Multi-Channel ES9018 DAC Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Mike,

I'm getting closer but work has been brutal slowing my progress over the last three weeks. Work should start cooling down by the end of next week so I can get my weekends back. I'm planning on taking the Monday after that weekend to help me finish things up. I'll provide an update later next week.

Best regards,

Al

Quick update

Hi Guys,

I made some good progress on wiring over the weekend. I Finally finished the first DAC and the others are close behind. It sounds and looks awesome. I'll contact you all by email when your DAC is done. I expect them to all ship this month.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Best regards,

Al

Did anyone receive their stereo version DACs?

Not trying to be rude, but i will say the way it is, at the moment i am sorely disappointed with the repeated delays.

I really wish to get done with my active 4way project. Have a slight lull at work before the next sprint picks up. Want to windup my project if this DAC can come together.

Update

Hi Everybody,

Here's an update on the USBStreamer lock issue for the GB multi-channel DACs. As you all know I decided to use JensH's solution, his V2A board to resolve the lock issue with the ES9018. I started populating three of Jen's boards last weekend. The oscillators arrived yesterday. I'll try to have the boards completed by this weekend so I can move on to integration and final testing. So you all know the components used on Jen's V2A board are very tiny, 603s for the capacitors and resistors and the smallest possible components for most of the ICs. Not DIY friendly at all. It's tedious work that can't be rushed, any mistakes can ruin the board. Regardless, I'll do the best I can to get it done this weekend.

I'll post another update this weekend.

Best Regards,

Al

Last edited:
Update

Hi Everybody,

So over the weekend I mounted all the ICs plus the oscillators and a few resistors and caps on the USBStreamer V2A board adapter but I still have some more to go. I estimate the three boards are about 85% done. I'm working on them this morning before I had off to the work and should have them done before the weekend so I can start testing.

Joji, I mounted the exau2i to the mdf board. I still have to wire the I2S outputs to the DAC but otherwise it's ready for testing. I'll get to it sometime during week after I'm done populating the V2A boards. Check the attached pic.

If anybody has any questions please let know.

Best Regards,

Al

Attachments

• IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    656.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Update

Hi Everybody,

I was out of town for my niece's high school graduation and returned yesterday. I finished the V2A boards last night and I'll be testing them all day today. I'll provide a progress update tonight or Tuesday morning.

Best Regards,

Al

Hi Everybody,

Yesterday I started wiring the V2A board to the USBStreamer but I missed a few resistors when selecting the components to populate on the V2A so I couldn't do any testing. I pretty much finished all the wiring. I'll get back to it in a couple days when the resistors arrive.

Joji, in the meantime I'll work on the exau2i.

Best Regards,

Al

Hi Joji,

I have everything set up to test the exau2i but I don't have a USB A to mini B cable. I found out yesterday morning after I installed the exau2i drivers and attempted to plug in a micro B and it didn't fit. I'll look for one at work tomorrow but If I can't find one I'll have to order it. I have to place an order at parts-express anyway so I'll just add the cable. They sell them for about two bucks. I'll take two three days to arrive.

For everybody else, I finished soldering the missing resistors to the V2A board. All the wiring between the USBStreamer and V2A is done but some wiring between the V2A and the DAC still remains. I should have it done by mid-week and then I'll be ready to test.

I'll post an update before the weekend.

Best regards,

Al

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.