A Study of DMLs as a Full Range Speaker

Vibrations are vibrations... :)
You thought wrong.
Drum_vibration_mode21.gif
illus-babies.gif
Spring-mass_undamped.gif

Can't see any motion here - just plain 'ol vibrations ..... :giggle:

Reactions: 1 users
Vibrations are vibrations ONLY if they are transmitted from the driver to the panel via invisible meta-physical DML crystals which promote the transcendent energy-based vibrational frequency of a non-moving vibrating plane in the physical realm. This is plain to see. The vibrations exist in the spiritual realm and cannot be seen by un-evolved speaker designers who rely on benches full of measuring gear the confirm what their senses and experience and intelligence tell them. This is obvious to anybody who's read the patents and does not understand them.
Un-evolved speaker designers do not have the holistic enlightenment that can only come from being so stupidly ignorant that they think they are geniuses. Fortunately, a highly evolved ignoramus does not have the awareness to know that its being ribbed.

Maybe I should report myself to the admins.... sigh

Reactions: 4 users
I understand what you mean but if the vibration dml
we produce it with a pistonic motion if I reduce or smooth it out
I also lower the dml oscillations, the exciter piston should transfer energy to a very small point in order to reduce the pistonic effect but start the bending waves as in an instrument such as a piano or other

Reactions: 1 user
Account disabled at users request
Joined 2020
Bertagni started in the 60's. Bertagni has been long gone,
His was not a DM operation, but a pistonic operation with flat panels, Those were the days Yamaha's ear, Hitachi's HS-5000, Sony's APM, Technics X700s, All were pistonic with flat panels. Sony and Technics had honeycomb, Hitachi filled the cone with foam to make it flat, Bertagni and Yamaha used carved polystyrene. Nothing to do with DM oscillations.

Reactions: 1 user
Account disabled at users request
Joined 2020
I also lower the dml oscillations,
Yes, this is the tricky part, how to get most of the DM oscillations without the pistonic motion. Quite hard with a round voice coil former/bobbin. There are people experimenting with other types of exciters. Not sure, how far they'd succeed. I keep watching their experiments.
the exciter piston should transfer energy to a very small point in order to reduce the pistonic effect but start the bending waves as in an instrument such as a piano or other
That's the idea, a single point transfer of vibrations. Have look at AER bbx exciter's point transfer #9,059. Maybe, you'd come with a solution. :) I'd be trying with a cone-headed screw with the Aiyima exciter, though it is crude exciter. There should be some disk pasted on the panel to safeguard it from destruction.

Or, might be a good idea to face the panel up-firing, like in the post #9,164, maybe with a quite thin glass plate over the radiator panel?

Last edited:
His was not a DM operation, but a pistonic operation with flat panels, Those were the days Yamaha's ear, Hitachi's HS-5000, Sony's APM, Technics X700s, All were pistonic with flat panels. Sony and Technics had honeycomb, Hitachi filled the cone with foam to make it flat, Bertagni and Yamaha used carved polystyrene. Nothing to do with DM oscillations.
SIGH!!!! I am not going to argue with you , you can believe what ever you want.

I also lower the dml oscillations, the exciter piston should transfer energy to a very small point in order to reduce the pistonic effect but start the bending waves as in an instrument such as a piano or other
Please carefully and in detail explain to me how a driving mechanism moving a set distance with a set force to impart a set LOCAL (ie at the driven contact area) displacement to a panel at a set frequency will have less 'pistonic' effect if it is a point vs a small diameter cylinder. There IS an effect on the panel bending shape in the immediate vicinity of the driver and hence the HF response, but it has nothing to do with how the panel reacts to the force away from the point of contact unless the 'piston' is unrealistically large.

No its you who likes to argue. Thats why people here find you annoying. SMDH

Whats worse is you act like you know everything but you aint built nothing worth talking about. Put your money where your mouth is and back it up with some good carpet video.

I just built this mini tower yesterday.

Oh NO!! Your carpet projects are beginning to amuse me :eek::giggle:

Please carefully and in detail explain to me how a driving mechanism moving a set distance with a set force to impart a set LOCAL (ie at the driven contact area) displacement to a panel at a set frequency will have less 'pistonic' effect if it is a point vs a small diameter cylinder. There IS an effect on the panel bending shape in the immediate vicinity of the driver and hence the HF response, but it has nothing to do with how the panel reacts to the force away from the point of contact unless the 'piston' is unrealistically large.
Mine was simply a question not so much a statement