• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

A Heretical Unity Gain Line Stage part III

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I prefer not to go in Europe for some PCB's, too far away for me. But if you like, I'll give you the Gerber and you can have your own made.

SY, I have a question about the servo cap C21. You spec 0.68uF, but I have in stock nice Wima 1.0uF. Would that do in this location instead of the 0.68uF specified?

No problem really SY, I'll make you a set. You worked a lot on this project and you shared the design. The least I can do is to reward you with a set of PCB at my cost.

Thanks...

Here the first version of the external supply PCB, based on my parts list. It is single side so the HV traces are hidden as far as possible. It has 3 wire jumpers.

It includes the discrete EMI filter, ground loop breaker R & C, star ground, HV switching relay, rectifier diode snubber caps, bypass film caps and two leds, HV ON and PWR ON driving circuits.

Attachments

• hls_ext_supply_pcb_ver1.0_small.jpg
    hls_ext_supply_pcb_ver1.0_small.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,405
Here the preamp regulated supplies section. There is star gnd, regulator Kelvin points are directly connected to the outputs gnd to reduce supplies noise. The two HV sections are separate for Left and Right. The external supply HV relay trigger FET is also on this PCB. I choose to mount the biggest 4.7uF output caps on this PCB and the smaller 4.7uF cap directly a the tube pin on the upcoming preamp PCB. It is still a one layer PCB with a few jumpers. PCB dimensions are 4" X 8", with each section about 4"X4".

Attachments

• hls_htr_hv_supplies_small.jpg
    hls_htr_hv_supplies_small.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,243
Found a nice enclosure for the preamp on my last trip. Again, recycling, it came from the garbage bin. It is a huge video input scanner for CATV surveillance system. The case is nicer than shown on my picture. It is all aluminum, with though black powder paint and very rigid, stainless steel hardware., etc . It even has rack mounting hardware. Nice thing is that the fron is all black, with no holes. I can install my own controls. Here the outside, with still some dust on it.

Attachments

• case_outside.jpg
    case_outside.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 840
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.