A 5 way DIY

SirDystic, this is one seriously nice looking build. I would have changed the color, but thats just me. Very well done sir. :)
Thankyou, apppreciated.. The color has not yet been decided, these are primer grey, I learnt a very long time ago that MDF does funky things especially on the end grain, and its best to let them settle for a year or so prior to blocking back prep and paint. Not doing so means you get to do it all again. Especially here in the tropics. Of course all the sharp edges on the upper modules as seen in previous pic will be removed prior to this, radii applied. I am open to a color suggestion if you have one..:)

Well, I pressed on, these plots are averaged from 2 lots of six sweeps over 2 meter by 1 meter rectangle that encompasses the listening sofa. red is Stereo, using the AVR,s bells and whistles , green is direct. Green sounds great for CD,s, but I prefer red for Laptop, overall I'm pretty happy , the room interferes a bit from what Ive read, but the speakers are heavy at over 100kg each, so i couldn't experiment too much with moving them around. Any comments, advice or critique always welcome.

Attachments

• forum.jpg
    forum.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 402
I recruited assistance to shift the behemoths and swept again..Im pretty happy with the results ..My legend is as follows. red is stereo at listening pos average of 4. Green is Direct at LP average of 4, Blue is Direct at Bar average of 3, Orange is overall average across both listening positions. Only threw the stereo one in there because occasionally its used..So swapping the sub and right channel positions did help by the look of it..Best position appears to be at the listening position in direct from AVR at 50 to the Behringers both at 12.00 on the dial, easy to remember..:):)

Attachments

• movedsub.jpg
    movedsub.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 364
I'm not sure what you're asking me to discuss. Is it the 9-12dB variations in the bass, dealing with room modes?

No Allen, I understand the room mode bit, bass curve is different everywhere I put the Mic, doesn't worry me that much, I rarely sit still to listen, I hover around so a reasonably faithful response across a good portion of the media room is good enough for me, But being new to this REW stuff, my question is what do the numbers in the legend at the bottom of the chart represent. They don't seem to have any relevance to the plot lines..As I said probably a stupid question, so stupid in fact you probably missed it..:). Thanks Again

I'm not seeing anything shocking yet. House curves of this magnitude are not unusual, often the shape is different, I might ask about the dip in the middle but no, it isn't necessarily a problem.

House curve yes, it sounds better, warmth and depth, flat sounded a bit sterile, dull. 60 year old ears..the dip in the middle is a personal choice, Its where my ears work best, I presume...:)