• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

6.3VAC to 6.3VDC LDO supplies MIC5156 based tube amp upgrade.

Hello to all self-builders!
I created a modified PCB, partial use of SMD components possible (also for MIC5156),
cutouts for better air circulation SK129 heat sink, use of normal circuit board connection terminals.
When ordered via JLCPCB, 10 boards including worldwide shipping cost approx. €4.50 or $5.00!
Have fun DIYing :cool:

Reactions: 1 user
1700779756510.png

Reactions: 1 user
yes, thanks for the tip, now that you say it it's actually clear!
I took it from the (unfortunately incorrect) Eagle circuit diagram.
I know that you can edit the Eagle LBR but I'm having a hard time with that too!
I found the bipolar type Panasonic SU-A at my parts dealer and it should fit!

Attachments

• SU-A.pdf
    63.9 KB · Views: 70
This is a 6V6 preamp you're working on? I played with that for a while, and it is hard to get them quiet. Possibly heater-cathode leakage? Some 6V6's were quieter than others. You might try raising the supply with a voltage divider off the B+. Or even reference the negative to the cathodes of the 6V6s, so they're floating at, what 18 volts or so?

I'm using a separate toroid for the filaments in my scratch-built Aikido and it's dead quiet, but it took some fiddling. ;-)

You might try raising the supply with a voltage divider off the B+.
Thanks I will. That is really standard when I build amps. But since this used DC heaters I did not do it.
This is a 6V6 preamp you're working on?
Yes. Really love it. But built 2 different power amps recently that brought to the fore this issue. So now I'm doing some tweaking on it.