50w Single-Ended BAF2015 Schade Enabled

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
power dissipated in part is current * voltage across it

if you want to have a functional amp, you need to have so-so equal voltages across upper and lower mosfet

in contrary, you'll have just space heater

in short - you must have an amp properly set...... or just toss it through window and be done :rofl:

so, instead of chasing your own tail ( and making me/us to do the same), try to elaborate - what is the problem ?

Joined 2002
Paid Member
so, instead of chasing your own tail ( and making me/us to do the same), try to elaborate - what is the problem ?

Sorry, that it not my intent. I’ll wait till I have more time instead of throwing bits and pieces at the wall.

That’s what I’m guilty of right now. I’m spending 5 minutes a day on it. That’s just not working.

Thanks again.

Dan

Joined 2003
Paid Member
that looks about right, pretty much the same values I got for a stock CCS tested independently. You could test the lower end independently or just connect it to the CCS as ZM said, cause you at least know the CCS works. Make sure you got that 5K pot in your bias supply, or it may not go low enough to turn on the lower fet correctly...again that 6-7V that you mentioned earlier doesn't seem right.

attached pic courtesy of the Mighty ZM

Attachments

• Testing Procedure.png
    Testing Procedure.png
    215.4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
that looks about right, pretty much the same values I got for a stock CCS tested independently. You could test the lower end independently or just connect it to the CCS as ZM said, cause you at least know the CCS works. Make sure you got that 5K pot in your bias supply, or it may not go low enough to turn on the lower fet correctly...again that 6-7V that you mentioned earlier doesn't seem right.

attached pic courtesy of the Mighty ZM

Why do you have your input grounded in the second pic?

Regards,
Dan

Joined 2002
Paid Member
OK. With the rest of the circuit connected as seen below without the two output wires connected.

attachment.php

For the CCS
Vgs is 3.24vdc
Vds is 56.7vdc
Current drawn is 3.4amps

For the bottom half
Vbias is 6.3
Vgs is 6.43
Vds is .057vdc

Regards,
Dan

Attachments