50w Single-Ended BAF2015 Schade Enabled

Saw this an thought hmmm...

Attachments

• Bartola valves - Schade feedback Option 3.jpg
    Bartola valves - Schade feedback Option 3.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 386
I'm at the bottom of the Spice learning curve, so not sure if this will work unless I build it, sometimes it's quicker and safer to ask.

I think this may get round the lack of -V on the Bartola valve schematic; comments anyone?

Attachments

• JFET input Schade + cm.jpg
    JFET input Schade + cm.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 507
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
oh yeah

current mirrors can be tricky

:)

let's concentrate on something else - eenyweeny JFet feeding from drain two bigun gates , no feedback etc

just make some olde toob schmtc , Kosher in audiophool circles , and be done with sugar

as Pa said once , when I asked about his opinion of Eminence Alpha 15 - " I like my speakers having some magnet"

so , nothing wrong when you invest some cojones in drive

Last edited:
Thank you ZM, I was thinking more about the concept rather than the details.
My ever evolving 'gain block' has mirrors, so agreed.
I'd rather double up the mirror output than half the emitter resistor for more drive - thought the J74 was in the feedback loop?
Nice speakers, I have the Augie version, I will eventually get round to mating them with my last birthday present - a pair of previously enjoyed B&G RD75's :D

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Any PCB design software installed on Your computer ?
Small dimensions boards are cheap.
Make separate : CCS , amplification stage , bias circuit with simple jfet buffer included.
PL amp with IXYS are :superman: example. Have a nice day

Is a simple JFET input buffer more or less 'mandatory'?

The reason I'm asking is it makes sense to included the input buffer on the amplification stage if I'm going to the trouble of designing and making PCBs?

Regards,
Dan