• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

500W (4ohm) GaN Class D Modules - Starkrimson Ultra

Doing some listening with Paradigm Monitor 9 speakers.

Attachments

• 195590721_999642514105240_1157769530906775917_n.jpg
    195590721_999642514105240_1157769530906775917_n.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:
I'm mostly done with the surface mount parts on my boards. I treated myself to an HDMI microscope to aid in this and future builds. It has made populating the boards an enjoyable task. I have a few parts on backorder until late August. My plan is to finish the surface mount parts, then do the case work while I wait.

I hope to have the build complete some time in September.

Have you posted any phase plots?
I’m just curious as I have been reading about Technics GaN implementation about higher switching speeds.
Not that I’m unhappy, your amps are spectacular, I got my mono block for my center channel built yesterday. Put it in a slim Ghent case, just missing your beautiful logo : (

Have you posted any phase plots?
I’m just curious as I have been reading about Technics GaN implementation about higher switching speeds.
Not that I’m unhappy, your amps are spectacular, I got my mono block for my center channel built yesterday. Put it in a slim Ghent case, just missing your beautiful logo : (

GaN Amplifier Module - Orchard Audio

Scroll down to test results section. Phase plots are posted.

Here is an Fyi for builders who want to utilize both balanced and unbalanced inputs. I had a small troubleshooting session after realizing my amp was a bit noisy at idle when using XLR inputs, with RCA shorting plugs in place. I removed the RCA wiring and jumped the unbalanced input at the terminal block. The noise went away. Then, I changed the RCA wire to a shielded one. This resolved my issue.

Here is an Fyi for builders who want to utilize both balanced and unbalanced inputs. I had a small troubleshooting session after realizing my amp was a bit noisy at idle when using XLR inputs, with RCA shorting plugs in place. I removed the RCA wiring and jumped the unbalanced input at the terminal block. The noise went away. Then, I changed the RCA wire to a shielded one. This resolved my issue.

Can you share your complete alternative parts list that Leo gave you? I'm considering just wall mounting the boards. I'd be fine with just a metal sheet with the stand-off holes pre-drilled and all the connectors necessary.

I am under an NDA for the parts list and want to be respectful of that. If Leo confirms that you are also under the NDA, I will help out however I can via PM.

Leo also mentioned that he's updated the BOM since my build. Possibly the new version has more parts availability.

Take care!

I have the boards from you already. I was just looking for an inexpensive way to get it connected. I'm not even sure I will do an enclosure, but I certainly need all the connectors, and I would love it if I could get a sheet with pre-drilled holes for the standoffs.

I have the boards from you already. I was just looking for an inexpensive way to get it connected. I'm not even sure I will do an enclosure, but I certainly need all the connectors, and I would love it if I could get a sheet with pre-drilled holes for the standoffs.

I provided a drawing that shows all hole locations. Did you not get it? Email me, I'll send it to you.