• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

Hi, George

Long time no contact, I hope everything is going well with you

This amplifier is a universal power supply and it will have two variants: ST version and H/B version.

ST version : 2*250W @ 4/8 ohm,
HB version: 500W for CH1 @4 ohm ,and 150W for CH2 @4ohm;

The interface is the same with FFA001/002.

Thanks,
Eric
Hello Eric, I hope that you are having an awesome festive season. When you have time, please update me with the details of the new amp. Can the HB version do 500w at 8R as well as 4R on CH1? What is the 8R output for CH2?

Also, what is the closest to 1kw that you have now?

Thanks and regards
Randy

This is very nice. Quite passages are quiet. No hum buzz, nothing but our set up had always been quiet as a graveyard when it’s suppose to.

Were digging the sound. Nice clean crisp & very smooth. It makes music sound effortless. I’ll bet in a blind test up against any of our Class A’s anybody would be hard pressed to hear a difference. We have lots of amplifiers around here. Tubes and SS.
IMG_0272.jpeg

• Thank You
Reactions: 3 users
Hello Eric, I hope that you are having an awesome festive season. When you have time, please update me with the details of the new amp. Can the HB version do 500w at 8R as well as 4R on CH1? What is the 8R output for CH2?

Also, what is the closest to 1kw that you have now?

Thanks and regards
Randy
Thanks, Randy. Wish you have a wonderful holiday, too :)

Due to the voltage limit, the output power is near 280W @ 8hom for CH1, and we use voltage/Current limit to have the same output power for CH2: 150w@8/4OHM。

If you're interested in the high-power amplifier, I have the 2x400W which you can bridge to have nearly 1KW for your application. Please PM me for this module.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi, Mike

Our amplifier module has one main power supply and one aux power supply.
The main power supply supports the output stage, and the aux power supply supports the pre-amp circuit.
There is one power rail (12V_always_on) that can be used to supply the signal sense circuit to trigger on/off the main & aux power supply.
When this amplifier module works in deep sleep mode, the total power consumption is less than 1W.

Thanks
Eric
Eric, thank you for this info, it's all good to know. I don't know how to use it however.
There is one power rail (12V_always_on) that can be used to supply the signal sense circuit to trigger on/off the main & aux power supply.
Are you saying you will use this power rail to implement a 12V trigger? If so, great, when can we expect it & can it be added to existing amps?

Or do you mean that a user can develop such a circuit? Maybe some other user -- not me.

Hi Eric,

I have a couple of projects in the works that your amps may be perfect for and would like your recommendations please...

I'm building a two-way horn speaker system for my mains (L+R) using a TAD-4002 compression driver (16 olms nominal) and two 15" woofers (4 olms nominal each). This is a multiple entry horn (MEH) and I eventually want to put the amplification/DSP inside the enclosure (plate amp style). For the compression driver channel, I need a dead quiet amp with either very low distortion or at least the right kind of distortion (i.e. tube like/pass labs amps). As I'm sure you are aware any residual noise in amps is easily heard with a compression driver. For the 15's I can power them individually or wired together as a 2 olm or 8 olm nominal load. Max power rating for each woofer is 150w. ....so two (or three?) channels of amplification needed for each box. Recommendations? Further, if you know of a very high-quality DSP board that has transparent analog to digital/dsp/digital to analog I can place in between the analog input and your amps I would be grateful? I would think that leaves most of the SigmaDSP processors from Analog Devices out due to poor AD/DA conversion.... and the fact that that software looks to have a steep learning curve!

I have a three-way center channel MEH in the works as well but let's loop back to that at a later date depending on if your products can meet my needs for my mains...

Kind Regards,
Mark

I'm building a two-way horn speaker system for my mains (L+R) using a TAD-4002 compression driver (16 olms nominal) and two 15" woofers (4 olms nominal each). This is a multiple entry horn (MEH) and I eventually want to put the amplification/DSP inside the enclosure (plate amp style). For the compression driver channel, I need a dead quiet amp with either very low distortion or at least the right kind of distortion (i.e. tube like/pass labs amps). As I'm sure you are aware any residual noise in amps is easily heard with a compression driver.
TAD 4002 is spec'd at 110 dB/W sensitivity. Can't think of any amp at any price quiet enough to keep the hiss from being audible in a typical living room & nominal distance. I have B&C DE250 compression drivers spec'd at 108.5 dB/W. The only way to get the electronics (amp/pre/DSP) hiss to be inaudible from 2.5 meters away was to use L-pads. A younger person with better hearing might still have heard it. Can't recall the dB drop I applied, but it was substantial. A Buckeye Hypex NC250MP-based amp (>100 dB S/N at 5W & 120 at full power according to Audiosciencereview) with inputs shorted was still audible from >2m with those compression drivers.

very high-quality DSP board
With DSP/crossover devices, is there anyone actually offering bare boards? Minidsp Flex balanced is about as quiet as the quietest power amps, the DSP control user-friendliness is tops, and price is not bad for such performance, so I don't see any viable alternatives.

Gotta have a dream right? ;) Seriously I understand that what I want may or may not be achievable. Still, I wonder what DSP boards the big boys (KEF, Dynaudio, etc...) are embedding in their products. I keep thinking I just don't know enough to enter the correct search terms or is all a custom build integrated to spec piece of kit?

@fizzylime -- TBH, my choice (among currently available DSP plate amps) would be the minidsp PWR-ICE125. Probably enough power for the woofer and you'll have so much headroom for the TAD that an L-pad with high quality resistors would work well to tame the residual noise. Some friends have reported early failure on the Hypex plate amps, and compared to minidsp, their DSP user interface is poor.

OTOH, Flex + 2 of Eric's 2-ch amps would also work well. Way cheaper. Make sure you get the low gain version for the tweeters. Switch when a suitable DSP module for in-speaker comes along.

Eric, I want to apply the highest power that you have available to each voice coil on my woofer. 4R+4R DVC

Two new amp modules with 500w CH1 + 500w CH1 for the woofer? CH2 + CH2 for satellites?
Hi, Randy

You can select the FFA002 module to meet your requirement, I can slightly fine-tune the parameter to meet your 500W@4OHM requirement. and for the satellites, the power rating in 150W, is it ok for you,right?

Thanks,
Eric

Eric, thank you for this info, it's all good to know. I don't know how to use it however.

Are you saying you will use this power rail to implement a 12V trigger? If so, great, when can we expect it & can it be added to existing amps?

Or do you mean that a user can develop such a circuit? Maybe some other user -- not me.
Hi, Mike

Just to disclose more about this module, in case some DIYers need to design their pre-stage :) :)

Thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric,

I have a couple of projects in the works that your amps may be perfect for and would like your recommendations please...

I'm building a two-way horn speaker system for my mains (L+R) using a TAD-4002 compression driver (16 olms nominal) and two 15" woofers (4 olms nominal each). This is a multiple entry horn (MEH) and I eventually want to put the amplification/DSP inside the enclosure (plate amp style). For the compression driver channel, I need a dead quiet amp with either very low distortion or at least the right kind of distortion (i.e. tube like/pass labs amps). As I'm sure you are aware any residual noise in amps is easily heard with a compression driver. For the 15's I can power them individually or wired together as a 2 olm or 8 olm nominal load. Max power rating for each woofer is 150w. ....so two (or three?) channels of amplification needed for each box. Recommendations? Further, if you know of a very high-quality DSP board that has transparent analog to digital/dsp/digital to analog I can place in between the analog input and your amps I would be grateful? I would think that leaves most of the SigmaDSP processors from Analog Devices out due to poor AD/DA conversion.... and the fact that that software looks to have a steep learning curve!

I have a three-way center channel MEH in the works as well but let's loop back to that at a later date depending on if your products can meet my needs for my mains...

Kind Regards,
Mark
Hi, Mark

If you just refer to the spec, I think the FFA002 will be good for your application, especially since it has large output power to drive your 15‘’ woofers to have good dynamic SPL.
Unfortunately, this amplifier module is not the plate style, and it's not a good solution to mount together into the speaker.
Currently, we're working on the plate-style amplifier now, the preliminary test data meet our design requirement, and we'll schedule to spin the 2nd board in the coming month, I hope it can catch your project's schedule :)

Last, thanks for sharing the details of your great project here. Let's plan and have fun with these amplifiers....

Thanks,
Eric

@fizzylime -- TBH, my choice (among currently available DSP plate amps) would be the minidsp PWR-ICE125. Probably enough power for the woofer and you'll have so much headroom for the TAD that an L-pad with high quality resistors would work well to tame the residual noise. Some friends have reported early failure on the Hypex plate amps, and compared to minidsp, their DSP user interface is poor.

OTOH, Flex + 2 of Eric's 2-ch amps would also work well. Way cheaper. Make sure you get the low gain version for the tweeters. Switch when a suitable DSP module for in-speaker comes along.
I saw a lot of DIYers talk about the pain-point of having a good DSP module. I think I do need to adjust our product map to design one DSP module soon;)

• Thank You
Reactions: 9 users
That should meet my timeline... I have all the parts (including the K-402 horns) to build the speakers but have not yet started b/c it's freaking cold in my shop here! ...plus I have yet another learning curve as I want to use a CNC kit I bought off kickstarter years ago to cut out my boxes for the horns...

YES... a good DSP module could be a high demand item around here! Just please don't base it off of the ADAU1701 chip. All reports point to no better than 14 bit performance for the Analog to Digital/Digital to Analog section. Surely we can do better?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, Randy

You can select the FFA002 module to meet your requirement, I can slightly fine-tune the parameter to meet your 500W@4OHM requirement. and for the satellites, the power rating in 150W, is it ok for you,right?

Thanks,
Eric
Yeah man, that sounds good. I'll order this in a months time. I just bought an expensive woofer. How much are these modules each? Wondering which would be better value, ffaoo1 + the 400+400 module or two of these powerful 150+500w modules?

That should meet my timeline... I have all the parts (including the K-402 horns) to build the speakers but have not yet started b/c it's freaking cold in my shop here! ...plus I have yet another learning curve as I want to use a CNC kit I bought off kickstarter years ago to cut out my boxes for the horns...

YES... a good DSP module could be a high demand item around here! Just please don't base it off of the ADAU1701 chip. All reports point to no better than 14 bit performance for the Analog to Digital/Digital to Analog section. Surely we can do better?
Thanks for your input, How about the CS4272+ADAU1452? I think this would suit for most DIY applications :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah man, that sounds good. I'll order this in a months time. I just bought an expensive woofer. How much are these modules each? Wondering which would be better value, ffaoo1 + the 400+400 module or two of these powerful 150+500w modules?
For mounting the amplifier into the speaker cabinet, the plate version would be the suitable candidate, but it may take some time for the final release;)

Eric, that's the heavy side getting sorted. Do you have a smaller option than the ffa0001? A 50w+50w at 4R/8R would be very useful for me. But if there is not much price difference than the faa001 is fine
Sorry Randy

We do not have such a small amp module, 2X150W is our smallest amp module ~~
For that power rating, I think the TPA3116 amplifier module in the market would be a nice candidate.

Thanks,Eric