• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• DSCN6952.JPG
    DSCN6952.JPG
    546.8 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN6960.JPG
    DSCN6960.JPG
    577.9 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN6957.JPG
    DSCN6957.JPG
    615.6 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN6955.JPG
    DSCN6955.JPG
    565.6 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: 5 users
In the thread about @hifijim 's Compact, low cost, active 3-way speaker, there's a discussion of the HF variations of some class-D amps when presented with different speaker impedance loads. Specifically....

uriy-ch said:
In class D amplifiers, a low-pass filter (LPF) is placed at their output for demodulating the Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) signal. If this LPF is not covered by feedback, there will always be an influence of the LPF properties between the amplifier and the load. It is this LPF that possesses such physical properties; it is capable of altering the amplitude of the output signal when the load resistance changes. In post number 627, this property is precisely depicted in the lower picture; please study the images attentively. In class D amplifiers where the LPF is covered by feedback, such an effect is not observed because the feedback monitors the LPF output signal and makes necessary corrections to prevent such changes in the LPF output signal at the load.

In your amp designs, Eric, is the LPF covered by feedback?

Note: I have not perceived any HF variations with my FFA001V3 amps but even if the LPF is covered by feedback, no effect is likely because the tweeters are driven directly by the amp: They are all active systems, no passive components between amp and speaker to change the impedance of the driver. This would be good to know because these amps will be used with passive crossover speakers that do have much greater variations in the impedance curve.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Zeta4

I can assure you, driving Erics input module+FFA001V3 main amp from an AVC works great!

Although it may sound as an overexaggeration, an AVC+FET buffer+ FFA001V3 main amp, competes (acoustically) head to head with a 10k blue ALPS+ N.P. VFET amp (a wonder of an amplifier!).

In fact, in this combination, Erics amp has replaced VFET in my current setup. It drives a Jordan JX92S and a helper woofer.
(JX92 unfiltered. Woofer in series with a 23mH/2.5Ohm coil).

IMO this is an achievement in which both of you have a share.

Eric for the amplifier he designed and built. And You for the technical guidance and material help you offered me to build the AVC.

The final criterion in favor to Eric’s amp, was the LF control it can offer to this load at complex music crescendi (ample power reserves?)

George

Attachments

• DSCN6946.JPG
    DSCN6946.JPG
    648.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Measurements in posts #521, 522 suggest presence of post-feedback.

While others would base the promotion of their amplifiers on this very feature, you misteriously keep it hidden.

Come on Eric! don't be that low profile.

George
:), so that means I'm the engineer not salesman here!
I hope everybody can take it to try and have fun with this amp module~

Thanks
Eric

Reactions: 2 users
Hi Zeta4

I can assure you, driving Erics input module+FFA001V3 main amp from an AVC works great!

Although it may sound as an overexaggeration, an AVC+FET buffer+ FFA001V3 main amp, competes (acoustically) head to head with a 10k blue ALPS+ N.P. VFET amp (a wonder of an amplifier!).

In fact, in this combination, Erics amp has replaced VFET in my current setup. It drives a Jordan JX92S and a helper woofer.
(JX92 unfiltered. Woofer in series with a 23mH/2.5Ohm coil).

IMO this is an achievement in which both of you have a share.

Eric for the amplifier he designed and built. And You for the technical guidance and material help you offered me to build the AVC.

The final criterion in favor to Eric’s amp, was the LF control it can offer to this load at complex music crescendi (ample power reserves?)

George
You give the best advertisement for amp module, I should buy you a beer sometime:giggle:

Reactions: 1 user