• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

please attache 2d/3d files for the IO board with the rear panel.
Hi team, I wonder if anyone is using Front Panel Designer for their panel cutouts? I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong but when I come to import the inner panel contours for the I/O board drill holes from the DXF file that Eric kindly posted, I get some weird diameters which seem way too large (an XLR panel mount isn't 46mm, more like 24mm).
I'll happily switch to any other software that othes have successfully used with these DXF files though...just trying to design a panel to send to CNC.
1706406437635.png

Eric, could you please provide longer leads for the AC & speaker output? 15~20cm would be great!!

The 4 amps I bought originally came with leads that are just 9cm long. This is just too short to be useful, especially for the speaker outputs.

See the attached pic.
PXL_20240205_180506051.jpg

The amp module on the right is spaced for convenience in this case. The 9cm long speaker leads cannot reach the binding posts.
The amp module on the left is placed as close as possible to the input panel, then ch2 lead reach but the (Red & Black) leads for ch1 don't quite reach the binding posts for ch1, positioned over the ch1 input jack.

Re-wiring the leads is problematic because the 4-pin plug that goes to the amp has crimped ends which are not reusable.

If all the leads were 15~20cm long, this problem would disappear. It should be an insignificant cost but if not, I'm willing pay an extra buck or 2.

Thanks for your attention, Eric!

Last edited:
Eric

My amp arrived a few days ago. The shipping company you use is very good, Delivery took less time than I expected and I could track the package all the way.
The Amp was packed well and looks very well made. Well done. I'm now building it into a case but its taking time as I've got a few more pressing things
to do first.

A quick question. Does the amp work ok with high capacitive loads like certain speaker cables and electrostatic speakers ? I apologise if youve already answered this.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Zeta
The cables made with thin twisted pairs are of highish capacitance. This amp has no problem working with any of the cables I have made using Cat5 multiple twisted pairs.
What is the capacitive value of the electrostatic panels you intend to pair with this amp?
George

Hi George

I have some paralleled up CAT 5 cables like you use and its good news that the amp works with those without problems. Ive also got some
Townshend F1 which I think are about double the capacitance but do have protection series inductors. The electrostat panels will have
a capacitance of between 1 and 2uf depending on which step up transformer I use.

I asked Eric because I think this amp design is one with the feedback taken after the reconstruction filter so might be affected by reactive loads.

Hi George

I have some paralleled up CAT 5 cables like you use and its good news that the amp works with those without problems. Ive also got some
Townshend F1 which I think are about double the capacitance but do have protection series inductors. The electrostat panels will have
a capacitance of between 1 and 2uf depending on which step up transformer I use.

I asked Eric because I think this amp design is one with the feedback taken after the reconstruction filter so might be affected by reactive loads.
Hi, Geoff

I don't test this amplifier module with the electrostatic speakers, but I use this topology in one of the public address amplifier projects, the amplifier output connects a step-up audio transformer to get 70/100V output, and the primary inductance of the audio transformer is serval mH. It works great. And this is just for reference. Another thing is this amplifier has overload/HF protection inside, you can have a try no worry about the amp :giggle:

Thanks,
Eric