• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

Eric Hi

Do you have a solution for

1) 2.2 channel I wish to have 50 watts for High / FullRange driver and 100-200 watts for Woofer
2) 2.1 channel for boombox /soundbar Will be great to get subwoofer control like late amp so I dont need to buy miniDSP
3) any DSP plate amp you

I dont know why I find too less cmpanyies makig less DSP for cosumer only miniDSP and dayton . Hypex is closed format

amp with DSP bundle its a killer proposition if yu nail this then try Airplay and DAC module
regards
anand

Reactions: 1 user
What's offered seems amazing for the price! Definitely considering. There was a question about how this amp compares to Hypex ncore; did anyone do a detailed test comparison? Also is the 300w+150w option available on every version?

An aside: Currently I use a 4x Hypex nc252mp amp to drive my modified Linkwitz LX521. Love the amp sound but one module became intermittent. Replacing it is a pain...

Also have Rotel rkb-850 8-ch amp with Hypex ucd180 modules; also very good performance but residual hum & noise increased over time.

A bit worrisome: am I witnessing a Hypex problem or a class D problem? Two older AB amps (8ch) exhibit no apparent degradation after 10 years of use.
I'm using these to drive Linkwitz Orions

Reactions: 1 user
Quick question. I'm going to install RCA jacks in my enclosure. Do you need to remove the PCB RCA's or can they be left in place?

Using 4 2x150 modules. I'm going to wire the ps in series. Does anybody think I'll have start-up issues or should I just wire in parallel?
IMG_0445.jpeg

This gets slid into the back of a wood enclosure like this one,

IMG_0446.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice clean symmetrical room setup. Maybe a bit too reverberant? My Orions are similar (v3.2, iirc) but the current room is difficult.

I installed two 2x150W amps into a case with more space around them than yours, with a wood cover. It got hot real fast. Not sure of temp but it felt uncomfortable. Cut slots on the sides for ventilation and that keeps it just warm. A top vent hole would be more efficient, but there's more risk of something falling in there.