• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

The gain is indeed high. The spec sheet available in this thread and attached here shows a gain of 26db which is typical but I wonder if the buffer pcb also has voltage gain (I’m aware that certain buffer have gain and other attenuate like the B1.

Maybe the designer Eric can confirm the overall gain of the power amp + buffer.
Yes, we have 6dB on the I/O buffer, so the total system gain will be 32dB.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmmm....
What about using a different buffer altogether? The BTSB buffer can be adjusted for 0dB, can convert SE-->BAL and uses better opamps. I guess investigating the 28-pin header functions would be the next step.

I'd go straight into the amp PCB with a balanced-out from a low-impedance source.

Let us know how it compares with your class -A FW clones :) :)

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Vunce is right. I made a six-channel amp out of these just for 3-way crossover work. The modules are great. I have no issues with them whatsoever. I began the use case experiments recently and was happy with fooling around with MiniDSP and an open baffle design I’ve been pondering. https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/ultimate-open-baffle-gallery.123512/post-7208656

I maintain that these class d amps are the best amplifier bargain going and a great option for multi-channel amps. Eric has designed a very good amp and is generous with support.

Next week I may get a distortion measurement of my build, as I’m curious how it compares to other amps of mine.

Happy Holidays!
I’ve been riding the fence about building an active system for about a year. And your build using Eric’s amps may just be the tipping point. Any links or details you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated. Anything at all.
My best to this amazing group

The module arrived. Build quality looks as good as any surface mount board. Here are some initial observations.

There's a 365khz carrier on the output at 1.36V p-p, that seems typical, not sure about the frequency might be higher than others. What do you guys think?

I only have an oscilloscope and function generator. With 8 ohm resistive load I get 121V P-P output for 225watts at 1000 hz. The limiter will not allow the unit to go into clipping, so it limits at a clear sine wave. Just above 10khz the unit limits down to 80 v p-p (100Watts) but at lower voltages I get out to 60khz without any rise in response, so it seems like it's not load dependent. The test load gets too hot to handle but heatsinks are just comfortably warm.

One minor issue is that the color codes on the output wires are reversed so the red input comes out on the white speaker wire. Also much higher gauge wire is needed on both speaker leads and power inlet. Eric should go ahead and charge a few extra dollars for that easy improvement. For peaks of 200 watts there might be more current draw needing higher wire gauges. Keep in mind an amp like this running at 20 watts will peak to 200 with good content.

Sonically so far its good, I played Christmas music with nice chimes. Sound stage and imaging are what I expect on class D amps which is very good, a notch above good class AB amps. Bass and midbass are also good playing pop and rock has good punch factor and at moderate levels the woofer cone moves 1-2mm with seemingly good control. Bass can vibrate the floor with ease. Tone is neutral which is many people like. Nothing annoying.

As other mention gain is high so only a passive is needed, maybe with loudness control for some speakers.

What is the name of this company and what is it's mission and product goals?

Thanks!

Scott

I purchased my unit pretty early on and have been listening to it with a pi/dac combo (Allo) so the gain is perfect for the combination. I have many of these scattered around my house with different amps. The amp I would have to say exceeds the quality of sound fed from the Roon endpoints and ( to me) sounds better than the early Hypex and TI based class d amps. When the FFA003 amp becomes available I will put it in my main system and compare it directly to my Alpha Nirvana, and Sizzy Sit R3. By then I should have my XSD dipoles built and will give it a good bass evaluation. Over all I could not be more pleased with the amp and quality of service Eric has provided.
Bill

Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I received mine and from what I saw I concur with what bonjonno wrote "it feels and looks light years' ahead of a typical ali-express class D board" or any of the ebay class D boards I would add.
No time to waste, I connected it to my OB speakers and had a good listen from a CD player and passive preamplifier.
A young friend happened to be here and I asked for his comments. We compared it to some other amplifiers too.
My compliments to Eric for his brain and hands child. :up:
There is nothing not to like. Neutral sound, no exageration across the audible freq band. Good bass control, clear and bodied mids, civilised highs. Powerful, detailed and balanced sound. No noise. No on/off clicks and pops. Minimal power consumption (some 10VA from mains when listening at average 75dB SPL at 2 meters. A big plus, it had no detrimental effect on the reception of my FM tuner (indoor antenna), quite an achievement itself for an unhoused SMPS/class D amp board.
I can only recommend it to other fellow members.

George

Attachments

• DSCN6455.JPG
    DSCN6455.JPG
    596.9 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCN6457.JPG
    DSCN6457.JPG
    598.6 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN6458.JPG
    DSCN6458.JPG
    616.2 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN6459.JPG