200W MOSFET CFA amp

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
Yes, AP2722. And -160 with 725D and QA401 on monitor.

some time in the not-too-far future,. but cannot now. I am not in Bangkok any more.... was there for 2 months but In California now. No amp here.

a very small portion of my T&M gear --->

View attachment 653209

View attachment 653210

View attachment 653211

View attachment 653217

THx-RNMarsh

What is actually your point with this post?
You claimed that you can measure -160dB THD
And you post some meaningless pictures of equipment that isn't even close to measure something like that.

THx
Reodor

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
What is actually your point with this post?
You claimed that you can measure -160dB THD
And you post some meaningless pictures of equipment that isn't even close to measure something like that.

THx
Reodor

Just that I can measure all sorts of things you/others might be interested in or want to know. I am constantly adding to the 'warehouse' -- last week I added an HP 4192 to my stock of T&M gear.

You don't seem to know what you are talking about -- The ShibaSoku 725D is shown. It will measure direct off the front panel meter to -130dbv. At the monitor port and with Qa400/401 (FFT) you can see another 30dB lower = -160dbv. This has been proven during eval of Davada's ultra low distortion generator discussed else where. His gen was clocked in at -145.

THx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
:cop: Reoder, apparent master of empty one liners. It would be much more interesting if you checked your wit and focused on expressing your technical argument instead. Attacking ideas is permitted, attacking members isn't.

Thanks
I'm only saying that he is not right.
BTW: should I change my name or is it OK that I say that you are not right?
It is not Reoder, but Reodor

Cheers
Reodor

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
2017-03-04 16.58.42.jpg

2017-03-04 16.59.24.jpg

For example... here is calib with -80db tone added to a 990Hz tone at 1v rms.

I take two gens and mix them with passive resistive divider --- measure each level at analyzer etc.

You can see it as well as the harmonics of Davada's newly designed generator at 990Hz... In the -140's. -160 floor.

It isn't hard for me to measure power amps, either.

Reodor -- what is the good point you wanted to make?

THx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
View attachment 653668

View attachment 653669

For example... here is calib with -80db tone added to a 990Hz tone at 1v rms.

I take two gens and mix them with passive resistive divider --- measure each level at analyzer etc.

You can see it as well as the harmonics of Davada's newly designed generator. In the -140's. -160 floor.

It isn't hard for me to measure power amps, either.

Reodor -- what is the good point you wanted to make?

THx-RNMarsh

:up:

This leads to a question. How can-we explain the differences we can feel in our listening experiences, between two different amps with close performances like those ?
It really were a pitty, if we could fully explain that. Then the magic of our hobby were lost ...

:D At least, don't lie to your ears. Do not use the small numbers make you lie to yourself.

Wile I am waiting for 200W CFA boards to arrive I found a time to finally finish my 120W CFA with lateral mosfet OPS. It was waiting to long time, I don’t have excuses not to finish it earlier.
It is simpler version of 100W CFA with vertical mosfet OPS, no enhanced VAS, simulated distortion is of course higher but still low enough. To my ears it sounds very good. And yes it uses same tape of the compensation I use now in all my power amps.
Attached the gerbers if someone is interested. Sorry for elongated shape, I designed that way to accommodate it in to chassis I used before for JLH 80W mosfet amp. I even left the original JLH voltage regularor, but used only +-55V output.
Damir

Attachments

• 120W-LMOSFET-VAS-OITPC-sch.jpg
    120W-LMOSFET-VAS-OITPC-sch.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 1,151
  • 120W-LMOSFET-VAS-OITPC-layoutphoto.JPG
    120W-LMOSFET-VAS-OITPC-layoutphoto.JPG
    740.1 KB · Views: 1,157
  • IMAG2570.jpg
    IMAG2570.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 1,072
  • IMAG2575.jpg