• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2007 Maxon Motor Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Update:

Algar_emi 1 motor
Kilowattski 1 motor + PCB (SB or MK?) + Custom Plate + ~Pulley
Kraljmatjaz 1 motor + PCB (MK)
Peter Daniel 1 motor + PCB (MK) + ~pulley
Finneybear 1 motor + PCB (MK) + Custom plate
SvErD 1 Motor + PCB (SB) + ~pulley
Aengus PCB (SB) + Pod + Custom Plate
Sklimek Pod + Custom Plate
Michi124 pod + plate (~black) + ~pulley
Toaster 2 motors + 2 PCB(MK) 1 pod + 1 plate + ~2 pulley
SRMcGee 1 Motor + PCB (SB) + 1 pod + 1 plate
markgall PCB (SB) + 1 pod + 1 plate
Bas Horneman 1 plate
patriz 2 motors + 2 plates + ~2 pulleys
GeWa 2 motors + 2 PCB

Total:
13 motors + 11 PCB
6 pods
11 Custom Plates
~8 pulleys

Chris Brady of Teres Audio called me back today, right after the Denver Audio Fest. I was very friendly and helpfull. A real gentleman. No wonder he built a renowned audio business. Client relation is the base of any real succesfull venture.

I was calling him to get price for the original Teres Mylar tape pulley. The price is quite raisonnable. at 25$ each. You can order the parts easily by paying with PayPal. Excellent customer service I must say. I will buy this pulley.

The original Teres pulley may be a nice alternative for this group buy if we cannot arrange to have the pulley made.

Finally he also mentionned that the mylar tape he recommend is 10mil thick compare to normal VHF tape that is only 5mil. I will buy also a lenght from him.

Thanks again Chris.

Update:

Algar_emi 1 motor
Kilowattski 1 motor + PCB (SB or MK?) + Custom Plate + ~Pulley
Finneybear 1 motor + PCB (MK) + Custom plate + Pod + ~Pulley
SRMcGee 1 Motor + PCB (SB) + 1 pod + 1 plate
Bas Horneman 1 plate
GeWa 2 motors + 2 PCB

Total:
13 motors + 11 PCB
7 pods
11 Custom Plates
~9 pulleys

First one question. I don't know if Chris Brady of Teres will sell pulley for non Teres turntable. I don't why not but it can happen.

Indeed if you plan to buy the Teres pulley, you may as well buy it yourself directly. No real reason to buy them from Teres, ship them back to me then back to you. I don't expect any discount for such small quantity. Not including that you will pay two time for the PayPal fee. One to pay Chris, then to pay me.

However, it may be easier for people in Europe to order a complete kit from the group buy. In this case I may buy them for you.

I think we'll wait and see how things are going. An other user is already checking if he can build the custom plate and the pulley.

Bye.

Update list:

Algar_emi 1 motor
Kilowattski 1 motor + PCB (SB or MK?) + Custom Plate +~Pulley
Finneybear 1 motor + PCB (MK) + Custom plate + Pod +~Pulley
ckniker 1 Motor + PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate + 1 pulley
SRMcGee 1 Motor + PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate + 1 pulley
Bas Horneman 1 plate
GeWa 2 motors + 2 PCB

Total:
14 motors + 12 PCB
8 pods
12 Custom Plates
10 pulleys

ckniker mentionned to me that he had had a number of conversations with Chris Brady (Teres Audio) about the problems his customers have had with the motors before they switched to the (more expensive) gold (or precious metal) brushes.

The motor designed to work with Mark Kelly controller has indeed precious metal brushes, so we are getting the best. Thanks ckniker for bringing that detail up. See the included detailled motor specs sheet.

Attachments

• maxon motor #110191 a-max 26mm_detailled specs.zip
    18.2 KB · Views: 193
Done.

Well this is getting a rather nice group buy. Quantities are getting big enough to get some discount. However I would rather don't let increase quantity to much. 15 Motors and PCB will already represent a lot of money. The custom plate and pulley may be made by some friends, but I'm pretty sure that they won't make 50 of it :cool:

There is chance that I close this group buy in about two weeks. So guys make-up your mind and decide to get aboard while you still can.

I'm still missing some address for:
SvErD
kraljmatjaz
patriz
ckniker

No problem Ed. You just need to decide before this group buy closure

Update:

Algar_emi 1 motor
Kilowattski 1 motor + PCB + Custom Plate +~Pulley
Kraljmatjaz 1 motor + PCB + ~pulley
Peter Daniel 1 motor + PCB + ~pulley
Finneybear 1 motor + PCB + Custom plate + Pod +~Pulley
SvErD 1 Motor + PCB + ~pulley
Aengus PCB + Pod + Custom Plate
Toaster 2 motors + 2 PCB 1 pod + 1 plate + ~2 pulley
ckniker 1 Motor + PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate + 1 pulley
SRMcGee 1 Motor + PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate + 1 pulley
markgall PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate
Bas Horneman 1 plate
GeWa 2 motors + 2 PCB
cedus PCB + pulley
Ed LaFontaine 1 motor + PCB + pulley (Possibly...)

Total:
15 motors + 14 PCB
8 pods
12 Custom Plates
13 pulleys

Just got the Maxon motor price from a Canadian distributor (i didn't know there was any). Price break seems the same as last year I think:

1 motor: U$130 each
5 motors: $100
20 motors: $85

I asked if we can get the same price for 15 than for 20, at 85U$.
Naturally taxes and shipping costs are extra.

They have 5 in stock. Delivery time is 1-5 weeks.

Keep you informed :cool:

I got this drawing from an other user that had this plate made for his own BIX motor pod. Anyway, I would had never go into the plate manufacturing without getting the BIX motor pods first. And the double chech the plate dimensions according to the real pod. I also want to send one pod to the machine shop with the order, so they can match the plate correctly to the pod.

Thanks for the info, any more informations on the subject will be very appreciated

Algar_emi said:
I got this drawing from an other user that had this plate made for his own BIX motor pod. Anyway, I would had never go into the plate manufacturing without getting the BIX motor pods first. And the double chech the plate dimensions according to the real pod. I also want to send one pod to the machine shop with the order, so they can match the plate correctly to the pod.

Thanks for the info, any more informations on the subject will be very appreciated

I would be happy to help but I got lambasted on the other Mark Kelly thread. I just wanted to point out there is an error which would be unfortunate if you found it after the fact. The error is in the bolt circle pattern for the Maxon motor. Look closely and you'll find it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.