• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2007 Maxon Motor Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. I'm starting this new thread for a new group buy of Maxon Motor from Maxon USA. I would like to get 5 motors to get a much decent price of about 90$ each. This motor can be use with Mark kelly great motor controller to build a killer turntable motor/controller combo.

The previous group buy prices were:
Here are the price breaks for motor 110191 a-max 26mm

1 $250.00
2 $125.00 each
3-4 $106.70 each
5-19 $83.90 each

Mark Kelly just gave us the controller pcb gerber. I can also supply the original pcb design or my own version to complete the kit.

We will see if there is any interest. Feel free to email me.

Thanks...

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Algar_emi:

I've been toying with the idea of adding a separate motor and controller to my turntable, but would want to install the motor in a separate pod, away from the turntable plinth (a la Teres). Have you given any thought to expanding the scope of your group buy to include a box or cylinder to hold the motor and controller?

Regards,
Scott

I already found an elegant solution for the motor pod from an other user project. It is a BIX Turntable motor pod. You can buy the motor housing alone, prices are (very reasonable I think):

Motor house 80 U$
Pulley 12 U$ (can be use in this project as well

I got the contact info on how to get these parts. From other user, I got that this pod is nicely done, black anodized. Dimension is 9cm height, not including pulley and feet. Rubber feet 3mm tall are removable.

Then, we only need to have a custom top mounting plate and we have a very professional looking motor pod. This is what this user did. Check the picture. I also have the custon plate drawing for this specific motor enclosure.

I can probably arrange for a local machine shop that I know to build the plate for us. Cost should be around 200$ for 4-5 pieces, so about $40 for the top plate.

Attachments

• kc&bix with notes.jpg
    kc&bix with notes.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 3,928
This group buy is starting nicely. So guys you need to decide what PCB you want: the original Mark Kelly design or mine.

Differences are:
Mark Kelly: design done on two smaller PCB, dual speed (33-45) and fine control for both speed. Optional led indicators was proposed into his documentation but was not implemented into the PCB. Need a wallmart external transformer for the battery charger. See this link for the original documentation:

http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~quiddity/audio/DC_Drive_2.html
http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~quiddity/audio/DCbrushed.html

My own design:
Same circuit plus these features:
Integrated battery charger supply
Main PCB has a notch to accept the battery to be mounted into the same enclosure. Provision for a bigger outside battery.
Integrated fuse for the battery.
Led indicators and control switched PCB
But just one speed (33) and rear panel fine adjustment.

See for detail: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1157969#post1157969

If there is just 5 PCB, it won't probably be really cost effective to get the PCB made. I can make them myself for about 25$ each set. If we are around 20-25 then a real PCB could be realistic.

Hi Algar_emi

I am interested in a pod, cover plate, and pcb (already have the motor). I did a quick google but couldn't find anyone listing the pod for sale by itself - if you don't include pods in the GB, could you please post the contact info?

I need 45RPM, so would want the MK version of the board, though I like your other add-ons.

Regards.

Aengus

[edited for clarity]

Ok, I'm starting to get organize for this group buy. For any of you interested, please send me an email with your Name and Address.
I'll get your email as well in the same process.

I prefer PayPal for the payment. If you use PayPal you will need to add the PayPal fee of 3%. We will split together all parts cost, taxes, shipping and custom charges if applicable. I may accept personnal cheque, but you'll need to wait for the cheque to clear. I really prefer Paypal. It will be much easier for me.

Since it is an order of multiple parts from differents suppliers I would like to be pay in the following matter, so I don't get broke paying for everything first ;)

-One Payment for the motor and/or PCB.
-One final Payment for the mechanical Parts (Custom Plate, Pod and maybe Pulley)

Then, once I got all of your individual kit ready, I'll contact you and you can pay me the final cost + the shipping back to you. Naturaly, I will charge you only the actual shipping costs.

Is that ok for you?

Thanks...

SB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.