• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2007 Maxon Motor Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last Update:

Algar_emi 1 motor
analog_sa 1 motor
Kilowattski 1 motor + PCB + Plate + Pulley
Kraljmatjaz 1 motor + PCB + pulley
Peter Daniel 1 motor + PCB + pulley
Finneybear 1 motor + PCB + plate + Pod + Pulley
SvErD 1 Motor + PCB + pulley
Aengus PCB + Pod + Plate
Sklimek Pod + Plate
Michi124 pod + plate (~black) + pulley
Toaster 2 motors + 2 PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate + 2 pulley
ckniker 1 Motor + PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate + 1 pulley
SRMcGee 1 Motor + PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate + 1 pulley
markgall PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate
Bas Horneman 1 plate
patriz 2 motors + 2 plates + 2 pulleys
GeWa 2 motors + 2 PCB
cedus 1 Motor + PCB + pulley
Ed LaFontaine 1 motor + PCB + pulley (Possibly...)
Sean Henderson 1 Motor + PCB
terence8888 1 Motor + PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate + 1 pulley
Walter Burkhard 2 PCB
webby PCB + 1 pod+ 1 plate + pulley

Total:
20 motors + 20 PCB
10 pods
14 Custom Plates
16 pulleys

Thanks to analog_sa, Cedus and Terence.

I'm working on my version 2.0 of the controller PCB with the two speed support. I'm also trying to get it to fit into an Hammond enclosure model 1455N2201, price about 25$.

I think it would be a nice option for most user if they can fit the project into an existing enclosure, easily available.

The current version 1.0 is two pcb's 9"X4.5" and 4.5" X 1.75". To fit into the Hammond box it needs to be 3.9" X 8-5/8" max. I can probably do it easily.

Front panel controls will be:
Switches: Power-On, Charge-On, Speed select
Two Speed adjustment Bourns Multi-Turn trimmer potentiometers,
or two single turn 1/8" shaft potentiometer (outside the PCB)
Led Indicators:
Power On (Blue), Motor is running
Battery Ok (Green)
Battery Trickle Charge (Yellow)
Battery Charging (Red)

Rear Panel:
IEC320 socket input connector (pads on PCB)
Outside battery connector (pads on PCB)

I hope it fulfill all needs.

Bye.

Algar_emi said:
I'm working on my version 2.0 of the controller PCB with the two speed support. I'm also trying to get it to fit into an Hammond enclosure model 1455N2201, price about 25$.

I think it would be a nice option for most user if they can fit the project into an existing enclosure, easily available.

The current version 1.0 is two pcb's 9"X4.5" and 4.5" X 1.75". To fit into the Hammond box it needs to be 3.9" X 8-5/8" max. I can probably do it easily.

Front panel controls will be:
Switches: Power-On, Charge-On, Speed select
Two Speed adjustment Bourns Multi-Turn trimmer potentiometers,
or two single turn 1/8" shaft potentiometer (outside the PCB)
Led Indicators:
Power On (Blue), Motor is running
Battery Ok (Green)
Battery Trickle Charge (Yellow)
Battery Charging (Red)

Rear Panel:
IEC320 socket input connector (pads on PCB)
Outside battery connector (pads on PCB)

I hope it fulfill all needs.

Bye.

I just happened to use the Hammond enclosure you mentioned, although I think I cut off about 1.5" in length.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Great pictures Vinyl-Addict. This is not the same enclosure part number. This one is more rectangular. It may be easier to design a PCB for this one, or just combine the two PCB from Mark Kelly on just one bigger PCB. Do you have this enclosure exact part number and the enclosure dimensions?

One reason I designed a new PCB was to include everything on one PCB and to cut on all the wires needed inside the enclosure. Main reason Mark used these two small PCB in the first place is because is used the free version of Eagle PCB.

Thanks...

SB

Algar_emi said:
Great image Vinyl-Addict. This is not the same enclosure part number. This one is more rectangular. It may be easier to design a PCB for this one, or just combine the two PCB from Mark Kelly on just one bigger PCB. Do you have this enclosure exact part number and the enclosure dimensions?

One reason I designed a new PCB was to include everything on one PCB and to cut on all the wires needed inside the enclosure. Main reason Mark used these two small PCB in the first place is because is used the free version of Eagle PCB.

Thanks...

SB

I ordered mine in June, 2006. THe Allied stock number is 806-0129
The MFR part# is Hammond 1455T2201BK
The dimensions are 6.3" wide, 2.1" tall, 8.66" deep. I cut mine down to 6.5" deep.

I see your P/N is slightly different now, sorry about that.

Update:

Algar_emi 1 motor
analog_sa 1 motor
Aengus PCB + Pod + Plate
Sklimek Pod + Plate
Bas Horneman 1 plate
GeWa 2 motors + 2 PCB
Ed LaFontaine 1 motor + PCB + pulley (Possibly...)
agent.5 1 Motor + PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate + 1 pulley
Walter Burkhard 2 PCB
webby PCB + 1 pod+ 1 plate + pulley
Posthorn 1 motor + PCB + pulley
Fisheads 1 motor + PCB + 1 plate + pulley

Total:
22 motors + 22 PCB
10 pods
15 Custom Plates
18 pulleys

I think we are really close to completion. Once we reach 25 motors/PCB I'll close the group buy.

Thanks.

Hi Vinyl-Addict. Just a few informations to insure that my PCB will fit into the Hammond Enclosure:

Can you measure inside what is the maximum PCB width to fit into the PCB rails molded inside the case?
What is the parts number of the speed potentiometer and the speed selection switch you used?

Thanks...

The PCB version 2 is almost ready. Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I combined Mark Kelly proven design PCB with some parts of mine (led and switches section and charge supply) to produce a new PCB that will fit into the same enclosure Vinyl-Addict used. So guys you will get what you ask for, Mark Kelly PCB or mine :D.

Algar_emi said:
Hi Vinyl-Addict. Just a few informations to insure that my PCB will fit into the Hammond Enclosure:

Can you measure inside what is the maximum PCB width to fit into the PCB rails molded inside the case?

I would not go any wider than 6.00". The max. opening is 6.125". In that case a standoff 3/8" tall would be necessary.

Originally posted by Algar_emi
What is the parts number of the speed potentiometer and the speed selection switch you used?

Thanks...

I don't know what the P/N's are. This was Mark's prototype built for me to test. He did all of the soldering of components. I purchased the enclosure and laid out and installed the boards and switches in the enclosure.

Thanks Vinyl-Addict. So, I got confirmation for the custom plate. They are just waiting for the money to buy the material and build them. To be sure, I'll place the order for the plates once I got the pods and motors, so I can send an actual sample of each.

So prepare your money, I'll close the group buy by next week. Then I'll request money for the motor, plate and pod and I'll buy them. I'll try to get the PCB quote at the same time so you can pay for that as well.

Once I got everything, ready to ship, I'll send you a last request for money with the last charges that I had (shipping, taxes, etc. and shipping back to each of you).

Some of you request the PCB parts and they agree to give me some money to build a parts kit. So I'll do that after all the main parts are shipped. It will be a service that I'll do for some if you prefer to have a complete parts kit.

Prices so far are:
Motor (QTY>20): 85U$
Custom Plate (QTY 15): 38U$
Pod: 90U$ (Price with shipping to me was 435U$ for 5 pods, higher for more pods, so 90$ will be close to the actual price)

PULLEY - Update

Problem at the moment is the pulley. As I said at the beginning of the group buy, the pulley was never a sure thing. We didn't find a shop that agree to do it. They say the quantity is too small and the part is too small for any margin. Futhermore, I was not that excited with last year universal pulley. It was kind of big and some guys from last year group buy reported motor bearing problem using this pulley. Maybe a dedicated tape or string pulley is a better solution for lower mass and easier load on the motor bearings. Just my two cents here, I may be wrong in this statement. I'm not into mechanic, just electronic.

There is two solution for the moment:
Buy the original Teres Pulley: 25U$
Buy the BIX Motor pulley: 12$ (I'm checking at the moment what shaft diameter the pulley accept. If it is smaller than 3mm, I may buy a 3mm drill and adjust them for you. Then I can sell them for about 15$. I need to get good 3mm high-speed drill, probably from www.mcmaster.com
If it is bigger than 3mm, there is just the Teres pulley for now.

I'll keep you posted.

Maxon Motor Group Buy - 25 Oct 2007

Algar_emi 1 motor
analog_sa 1 motor
Aengus PCB + Pod + Plate
Sklimek Pod + Plate
Bas Horneman 1 plate
GeWa 2 motors + 2 PCB
Ed LaFontaine 1 motor + PCB + pulley
agent.5 1 Motor + PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate + 1 pulley
Walter Burkhard 2 PCB
webby PCB + 1 pod+ 1 plate + pulley + (Parts-Special)
Posthorn 1 motor + PCB + pulley
Fisheads 1 motor + PCB + 1 plate + pulley
Thuer 1 motor + PCB + pulley

Total:
23 motors + 23 PCB
10 pods
15 Custom Plates
19 pulleys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.