• a40 photo top.jpg
    a40 photo top.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,118
  • a40 photo bottom.jpg
    a40 photo bottom.jpg
    906.8 KB · Views: 2,791
Last edited:
Hi Apex

Good job. Your commitment to audio speaks for itself. And Alex as usual is not far behind with a pcb manifestation of most designs on this forum, he may probably write a book soon. Great job to both of you:up:.

Its been quite a while since I checked out this thread and today there is the A40. Its a design thats an embodiment of various design philosophies and such it is only fair that Alex lays it down for us on how this amplifier compares to SYMEF, having built both.

kind regards

Harrison.

May I ask what you use to tin the copper?

56010.jpg

Soft solder paste No. 30 - 0987130

or similar (sorry if this is a comercial but i don´t know how else to describe this product)

it is used for soft soldering of copper tubes. a friend showed me today,it is really easy : use brush to apply paste in about 1mm layer over whole copper side of pcb,than use heat gun // pistol grip hot air gun and heat the paste to about 300°C - if it starts to bubble that is a sign that temperature is too hot. you will see how the surface of paste is getting smoother,apply heat to about one minute (depending on how big is pcb) and than rinse in watter. it takes a try or two to get it right but you have seen the result - it looks great and it is really really easy to do!

i will do a YouTube video as soon as possible to show how it is done - one picture as thousand words,one video as thousand pictures... :)