The Aleph30 PCB layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
heatsink

Could I use this heatsink for my Aleph30.I'm planning to use it for one channel.It's a heatsink from a car-amplifier.

Attachments

• aleph versterker 003.jpg
    aleph versterker 003.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,144
meanman64 said:
I'am thinking to build an encloser around it and use a fan.

As it is, without a fan, I have doubts whether it would dissipate enough heat. I've just got working a stero amp using PD's boards and the amount of heat really surprised me :hot: .
I also tried a fan to force cool one channel and it made a huge difference to the temperatures, so if you intend fan cooling then go for it, if you design it right I'm sure it'd be OK.

BTW I'm listening to mine now :cool: great

Kev

I picked up a large bonded fin heat sink the other day and cut it in half for this project. Size is 6.125 high 3" thick and 8" wide, base plate is .230 thick. I can add a couple of small computer fans running slowly if needed below each sink bit I would prefer to stay convection. Do you guys think this is adaquate sinking for convection cooling? It is alot of square inches of area but I'm not sure what the thermal resistance is for this sort of sink.

Thanks!

Mark

Attachments

• pd0b8b~1 copy.jpg
    pd0b8b~1 copy.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,082
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.