• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set.......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

Dear Jonathan,

sorry to late call back.

About the sec wining of the power tran. There will total 3 pcs power in the kit.
I would like to know was do u mean the sec winding colour of the power trans???

For the choke. If U like to use the cmooth choke in the B+. remove the R44 470Ohm, put the 10H on the two side.
If U like to use the parallel choke( in the ground area). Remove the R45 & do the same in the R44.

Battery bias.

J2 & J3 was battery bias input. R45 & R39 was 100K to ground. If U prepare to use the battery, use one AAA 1.2~1.3V battery is OK, if U did not use the battery, the J2 & J3 U must use a copper wire to connect for them.

Hope this can help .

thx

thomas

Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

dear all,

Pls remember that pls connect 82 ohm res between the 1541a & 2604 PCB input sockets. This 82 ohm was use for adj the input level of the signal. This res value can adj from 68~150ohm.

if tested all were right. Pls change this step.
pls see proposed changes below,

> >> 1) R22/R44= jumper wire
> >> 2) R8/R42= 680-1kohm (suggested 820ohm)
> >> 3) DAC board R28/R47/R39/R48 open
> >>

U will see more stable in scope,

thx

thomas

>Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set..........

Hi all,

chassis sample was arrived my had already.

I will post to this forum within several days. Also the coming will be fullly kit. all funish already. But.............. the re-clock still need U diy beacsue I was only selling the NOS DAC.

thx

thomas

Thomas,

Have you received my emails over the past week? If not, just confirm the amount for the following 6 parts and you will have the funds via Paypal:

TDA1541A - Quantity: 2 (matched set)
CS8414-CS - Quantity: 2
28-pin SOIC-to-DIP adapter with gold contacts - Quantity: 2

Thanks,
Bryan

Dear all,

sorry to missing a while. I was go to factory to see the sample of the DAC Chassis. Later will fully assemble to market.

pls check a look. The chassis had two colour to choose.
Shiny silver or Dim Black, all had 1cm thickness aluminium
Facelet.

Dear bryman79.

I send email to your account before I left Hong Kong. Do U got it?
If not the price is USD USD 55 include postage to USA.
I accept paypal.

TDA1541A - Quantity: 2 (matched set)
CS8414-CS - Quantity: 2
28-pin SOIC-to-DIP adapter with gold contacts - Quantity: 2

thx
thomas

Attachments

• p1010791.jpg
    p1010791.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,326

Dear all.

Good news.

I order 50 pcs of OPA 637 will arrive my hand one week later.

The price is quite good. Diyers who buy my kit can added USD 30 only will get 4 pcs of OPA637.

Pls see more photos of the chassis.

Diyers can choose.

1. Black panel >>>> Silver chassis body.
2. Silver panel >>>> Black chassis body.
3. Black panel >>>> Black chassis body.
4. Silver panel >>>> Silver chassis body.

All panel was same 1 cm thickness Aluminium.

thx

thomas

Attachments

• p1010790.jpg
    p1010790.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,215
Re: Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

tube-lover said:
Dear all.

Good news.

I order 50 pcs of OPA 637 will arrive my hand one week later.

The price is quite good. Diyers who buy my kit can added USD 30 only will get 4 pcs of OPA637.

Pls see more photos of the chassis.

Diyers can choose.

1. Black panel >>>> Silver chassis body.
2. Silver panel >>>> Black chassis body.
3. Black panel >>>> Black chassis body.
4. Silver panel >>>> Silver chassis body.

All panel was same 1 cm thickness Aluminium.

thx

thomas

Hello Thomas, how much is one of those chassis including shipping to Canada?

Regards

I received the DAC kit and connect it together. Comparing to my own DAC that use the same circuit except it's only use 1 TDA1541A, this DAC kit sound much better in all aspect except on the transparency part. The bandwidth is better and bass slam is so great. Later. I take out transformer input that come with the kit and put my own DIY transformer in and the transparency come back.

Thanks so much for the great kit. I don't want to build it from scratch any more with this kind of high performance kit with this kind of price.

I am using OPA2604 at the moment and working on tube buffer. Hope to finish it this weekend. Currently the DAC beat my Denon S-10 already when using the Denon S-10 as transport. I know it is not fair for comparison but I only have Denon S-10 and CD Pro2M Kit DIY transport. If using CD Pro2M Kit DIY as transport, it's much surpass Denon S-10. The transparency and detail are in difference league.

Hi,

If U like to modify to the trans I/V.
This website is a good material for reference. One of my friend tell me he bought this trans in ebay & test a very good result.
The transparency was increase after use this method.

Pls see the photos.
Ebay funish price only USD69.
There may a good coice for upgrade.

2 Beyer Input Transformers MC Step-Up/Mic Tube Preamp Item number: 5775521695

thx

thomas

Attachments

• img71_beyer.jpg
    img71_beyer.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,213
Re: Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

Hi Thomas

I tested that DAC today with the opa2604 board. There was music coming out but together with large noise. I have tried with the 82ohm R as you said but the same situation happened. Large noise came out together with music.

The signal led light up as normal.

Do you know what the problem is? How to deal with this?

tube-lover said:
dear all,

Pls remember that pls connect 82 ohm res between the 1541a & 2604 PCB input sockets. This 82 ohm was use for adj the input level of the signal. This res value can adj from 68~150ohm.

if tested all were right. Pls change this step.
pls see proposed changes below,

> >> 1) R22/R44= jumper wire
> >> 2) R8/R42= 680-1kohm (suggested 820ohm)
> >> 3) DAC board R28/R47/R39/R48 open
> >>

U will see more stable in scope,

thx

thomas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.