• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set.......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

Dear quantran,

Sorry to late call back because I was too........ooo busy.

Pls paid at least 50 hour run in. The sound stage will improve. U will collect more detail sound & more HF after run in.

If U still like to increase the HF, more detail & crystal shine sound stage.

Pls try the CCS for tube buffer that I posted already & use re-clock. The 74HC74 will more natural, 74HC4040 will a little bit of hifi. The TCXO is a within<2pp, one lower jitter will less digital sound but added some crystal sound.

Tell me the result later after U test for them , which one is your cup of tea.

thx

thomas

Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

Dear quantran,

the six sockets was post to U already. U will received this week because I posted several days already.

Dear anthony,

the chassis still need a little bit of modify.

The outlook will some different & will only produce silver colour. Silver facelet only.

thx

thomas

Re: Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

tube-lover said:
Dear quantran,

the six sockets was post to U already. U will received this week because I posted several days already.

Dear anthony,

the chassis still need a little bit of modify.

The outlook will some different & will only produce silver colour. Silver facelet only.

thx

thomas

Thomas I sent you the funds today for a Premium DAC Kit as discussed. Please let me know when it ships. Also please keep me informed on the chassis you are developing.

Regards

Anthony

Dear anthony,

sorry to late call back.

money I was collected already & will send out on wednesday because all the power trans was sold out. coming stock will arrive on tuesday or wednesday. I will immediately post to U after collect.

thx

thomas

Re: Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

tube-lover said:
Dear anthony,

sorry to late call back.

money I was collected already & will send out on wednesday because all the power trans was sold out. coming stock will arrive on tuesday or wednesday. I will immediately post to U after collect.

thx

thomas

Thanks Thomas

BTW, I can not get my Tube BUffer Working. I have no B+ from the 6X4! I have 540 VAC across pins 1 & 6 and 6.3VAC on pins 3 & 4. I should see the B+ across C4.. Nothing, the tube does not even light up or get warm. I have tried 3 different tubes.

This is the original Tube Buffer Board, I did not do the 6X4 rework as I was under the impression that was not required if I was not doing the Voltage Doubler change.

I have not done the 6DJ8 mod either, I assume that is not required if the VD mod is not done.

What have I missed?

Regards

Anthony

Dear anthony,

Is the tube buffer is ver.I tube buffer??

In previous thread ( Ver.I) I stated that need a small re-work already.

If U did not download pls let me know. I will email back to U.

ver.I need small re-work.

ver.II was fix this problem & improve already.

Pls let me know is ver.I or not. if it is ver.I.
I will email another file to U.

thx

thomas

tube-lover said:
Dear anthony,

Is the tube buffer is ver.I tube buffer??

In previous thread ( Ver.I) I stated that need a small re-work already.

If U did not download pls let me know. I will email back to U.

ver.I need small re-work.

ver.II was fix this problem & improve already.

Pls let me know is ver.I or not. if it is ver.I.
I will email another file to U.

thx

thomas

Yes Thomas Ver 1. Please email me the file.

Regards

Anthony

Coulomb said:
Howdy all, I found the file regarding the mods. I just finished the revisions and wired it up again.

It sounds really good, definately a little more clarity over the AD844 output. I think I need at least 50 hours on the tube section. I can't wait for Version 2 to arrive now.

Regards

Anthony

I can't wait to recieve this thing.. HURRY UP>>!!

Dear anthony,

very thanks to hear that U got the file.

pls considerate to change the i/V resister from 11Ohm ( standard is parallel 22 ohm, so will real value =11 ohm) to 47 ohm( parallel two 100 ohm will be Ok). The dynamic will increase more. low Ohm <47ohm will increase detail.
The power trans will arrived my hand tomorrow. sorry a little bit late. But I will extra post several metres cables for U to fit the ver.I & 28pcs of Wima MKP 10 caps for ver.1 to test.
So U will had different ver. of caps , ERO & Wima.
Hope U will like them.

thx

thomas

tube-lover said:
Dear anthony,

very thanks to hear that U got the file.

pls considerate to change the i/V resister to 11Ohm ( stanard is parallel 22 ohm) to 47 ohm. The dynamic will increase more.
The power trans will arrived my hand on tomorrow. sorry a little bit late. But I will extra post several metres acble of cables for U to fit the ver.I & 28pcs of Wima MKP 10 caps for ver.1 to test.
So U will had different ver. of caps , ERO & Wima.
Hope U will like them.

thx

thomas

Thanks for the update Thomas,

I will try the resistor change as you suggest.

Regards

Anthony

I have completed the tube buffer. It worked right after the first turn on. :D

The sound is much more detailed than the opa2604. (I am using 6dj8 at the moment, 6922 from sylvania actually). However I think C23, C24, C42, C48 need to be upgraded. I know Thomas left plenty of space for these to be upgraded. I recommend WIMA FKP type. They will make the treble smoother.

My system works fine with no HF filtering at all so I may remove all these HF filtering components some time.

I also replace the output caps with EVOX PMR caps (better mid range for my system). The EC caps provided by Thomas is also very good. I think it worth spending some more on these caps (may be Auricap or Musicap).

A photo of the DAC

Attachments

• pict0702.jpg
    pict0702.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,422

Back panel with BNC, RCA selector.
Pls understand this BNC is a very good one, 3um gold flash plating with soft solid copper tips. The white one is teflon, can support high temp of multi times soldering.

thx

thomas

Attachments

• p1010811.jpg
    p1010811.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,011
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.