• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set.......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Coulomb said:

Oh I see what you mean, well call me a nutter, but I wanted to move the cap away from the noisey chip and vice versa. I am in the process of shielding the tops of the DACs with Pure Copper foil. :)

Regards

Anthony

Well, actually this is a good idea! Nice thought! I should have thought about this, too! Thanks for sharing.

Talk about possibility. When you have two 1541 in parallel, other than play tricks with the caps, how about having different LPFs and mixed the output together? :)

-finney

Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

Dear all,

sorry to late feedback back.

I get influenza & casue Bronchitis, sick for two days.

Dear Bricolo ,
you could even place the cable vertically

My Opa2604 PCB was vertically up on the 1541a PCB. The shortest cable connect between two's.

Dear Finney, very thanks to help me to answer Anthony.

Anthony, ver2 I can said its a refined ver2. As finney said. I collect many opinions from diyers in this digital forum, I test them in very one, sent to my friend to collect objective opinions. Combine with different beand amps, CD machines to make sure the locking & performance. Refine the drawing of the PCB layout. then....... Ver2 had produced.

I had one questions. Can anybody give me some opinions for the real 75 ohm spdif cables. I can get very good, silver or gold plated sockets ( BNC) for chassis or DAC. I can use reasonable price to producr best cable for DAC. pls advise.

For Hong Kong diyers.(jimng)

Pls go to about shop/show room to test for my DAC.

In Hong Kong side can go to Reference Audio ( Sun audio dealer In Hong kong)

Reference audio.

U can hear my Dac combine with sunaudio kits sound.

http://www2.big.or.jp/~sunaudio/index_e.html.

Room 225, Melbourne plaza, no.33 Queen's road. Central. Hong
Kong.

tel:25235787. 25285828.

Kowloon side pls go to.

www.diyhifisupply.com

Brian had sveral types of tube amps & pre-amp for U to test.

Django: TVC linestage
Tram: linestage WOT
BIX: turntable
LD+: 300B SET SRPP/91
Joplin: 2A3 pp
Ella: EL34 pp
Cole: tube phono pre
Basie: tube linestage

DIY Hifi Supply Ltd, Unit 1, 7th Floor, Henley Building, 9 Bute St., Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Phone (852)3152-3576

thx

thomas

Attachments

• diyhifi.jpg
    diyhifi.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,295
Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

dear peter,

looks I cannot easy to get this Apogee Wyde Eye SPDIF cable.

how much for one meter for this cable??

I prefered use Junkosha or Gotham because its will easy to collect by me & the price that I collect is reasonable.

Do U compare the different between gotham & apogee?

If the price was not to expensive. I was interested to order one roll for factory funish 1m & 1.5M with gold plated ( soft solid copper centre tips) BNC sockets & use lead free ( Cu-Ag-Zn) solder wire. But the main point I guess was the price. We are diyers. Too high price may be not suitable for both us.

Hope for your advise!!!!!!

thx

thomas

I didn't have a chance to try Gotham. But one respected forum member advised me that in his opinion Canare is one of the best digital interconnects, it is also very cheap (less than $1/ft) and available in bulk. I bought some from Percy and will soon compare it to Apogee.

I also tend to believe that a good performance cable should be supplied with DAC kit and eventually will be doing it as well.

I'm not sure how much Apogee cost by meter, I bought 5m terminated cable from Audiogon, paying $40.

dear peter,

thanks for your informations.

Do U had one meter excess. Do U care we exchange to test for our both??

If not I will try to buy some in local shop & test. If really good. I will order one roll & try to produce some of different SPDIF cable with different brand digital cables for diyers.

dear James Slawney & Ming-Ze Lee.

Your payment arrived from paypal already.

These several days was public holidays. I will ship to U on Hong Kong Tuesday morning. EMS mail s/n will inform U lmmediately after I mailed the parcel.

thx a lot

thomas

Re: Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

tube-lover said:
dear peter,

thanks for your informations.

Do U had one meter excess. Do U care we exchange to test for our both??

If not I will try to buy some in local shop & test. If really good. I will order one roll & try to produce some of different SPDIF cable with different brand digital cables for diyers.

dear James Slawney & Ming-Ze Lee.

Your payment arrived from paypal already.

These several days was public holidays. I will ship to U on Hong Kong Tuesday morning. EMS mail s/n will inform U lmmediately after I mailed the parcel.

thx a lot

thomas

Hello Thomas, You have not answered a single email of mine or responded to me on the thread, have I offended you somehow?

Regards

Anthony

dear anthony,

we are frineds,
pls email to me once again. toooooooooo many email. I was sick for two days. The email box accumulate too many email I need to check & reply.

I also had some idea about the dac. I hope U help me to test the different between TCXO or XO. 74HC74 or 74HC4040 which one is better.

thx

thomas

Re: Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

tube-lover said:
dear anthony,

we are frineds,
pls email to me once again. toooooooooo many email. I was sick for two days. The email box accumulate too many email I need to check & reply.

I also had some idea about the dac. I hope U help me to test the different between TCXO or XO. 74HC74 or 74HC4040 which one is better.

thx

thomas

Thanks for the reply Thomas, I was getting a bit of a complex.

Regards

Anthony

tube-lover said:
Dear Finney, Kiyull & Jonathan D,

your three parcel were all posted already in this afternoon. By EMS,

Finney--EE671169709hk.
Kiyull--EE671169765hk.
Jonathan D--EE671169757hk.

Pls all preare two 82ohm resisters for connect betweeen the DAC & the Opa2604 PCB. THis resisters was for adjust the signal from 1541a to 2604pcb. I forgot to put into the parcel. I will use small letter post back to U.
thomas

Thanks Thomas, I got the parcel today. Looks fine and, thanks again for the additional PCB and parts.

Kiyull

Dear andy B.( USA)

money through payapl arrived, pls email the clear address to me asap.

I will ship immediately.

your EMS parcel s/n will be EE671169669hk.

parcel was prepacked already.

today I collect some of diyers questions about the USD 35 per pair amperex 6DJ8 ( made in holland).

Its a used tubes but test very good by my hickok 539c.

pls see the photos.

I got them from old military equipment. some were unused as stock. some was used. but I will test all & match them which can follow with ver2 kit.

thx

thomas

Attachments

• p1010754.jpg
    p1010754.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,490

Dear kiyull,

I will email two schematic to U tonight.

do U comparethe sound quality between ver.1.

how about the sound nature in your hifi set now?

Pls test the power cable that I follow with the kit special to U.

it will increase dynamic of the dac.

I use BYV-27 diode had smooth sound but will little bit lack of dynamic which compare with the MBR & MUR series.

thx

thomas

Hi Thomas,

please check my private mail (from yahoo.com) to you regarding my order and my query about the 6c45 and the 6dj8 tubes (on two separated mail)...

I'm still hold my IMO to my bank since I'm still waiting for your update regarding my queries above...

Thanks,
---
David

Hello Thomas, I should be sending the Funds as discussed on Friday.

Ver. 1 is running very well. I have done a lot of mods to it, since i built the stock kit. Changed all the diodes to FREDs, changed all the power resistors to Mills and Ohmite, changed the regultaor to LT devices the list goes on. Considering how much detail in the mid to HF this DAC has I am interested in seeing if you have managed to improve upon it. I will be splitting the pair up and sending one to a buddy in Vancouver, but which one? :)

Regards

Anthony

Hi Thomas

I got the package, too! Lots of goodies inside. Thanks thanks thanks!

The board looks great though I have already got the itchy to start a mod. Oh, the box is a good fit yet probably it will be a good idea to put some damping peanuts above the main DAC board otherwise some parts may get bent during the transportation. Mine looks ok so far though.

For those who looks for cheap and decent digital cable, Markertek.com has this Canare digital cable with its BNC head. Good stuff! I like Belden 1505A a lot, too.

So Thomas, can I buy a pair of old stock Amperex 6DJ8 tubes?

If you feel BYV27 does not have enough dynamics, try ultra low ESR caps such as Rubycon ZA or Panasonic FM. Sure, it will be even better if you replace those OS-Con with NCC PSAs. The dynamics with MUR, etc, are mostly illusions. Probably some of them are coming from the ringing in the reversed current.

BTW, I will mail a few parts to you tomorrow.

-finney

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.