UGS adventures

chalkandtalk : You're welcome ;)

A little pic to show you how to position the relays on the board.

Manu

Attachments

• orientation relais.jpg
    orientation relais.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,375
I used OMRON G6S-2 series 24V in my UGS. pinout is different, but the PCB has the holes (it supports different relays pinouts).

be warned that µC supply voltage is derived from the relay supply voltage. It means that for 24V relays, good heatsinking is needed for the 7809 logic board pre-regulator or thermal protection may be activated... Although this is not a problem nor a reliability issue ;)

If you like images :
relais_nais_tq2_171.jpg

dscn5661_112.jpg

there is 3 xformers on the power supply board.
the 2 small ones are 2x24V and they are dedicated to the 2 UGS modules.
the middle and big one is for the digital section, aka µC board and relays. for that one, you choose the woltage depending on the relays voltage, but with a minimum of 2x9V (minimum is the logic pré-régulator, the 7809).

does this help ?

Just in case :
You will find, on the uC/display board, res labelled R-BL, R+BL and RE BL.
As they concern Backlight behaviour, their value depends on the chosen display.
Users of Cristallfontz display (soft 1) will want this values :
R+RL = 22k
R-BL = 9.31k
RE BL = 10R

Optrex users (soft2) :

R+BL=12K7
R-BL=3K92
RE BL=100R

(in this case TIP 29C is not needed anymore and must be left out. Emitter of BC550C should be connected to emitter pin hole of TIP 29C or directly to neighbouring RE BL pin)

Hope it helps.

Manu

Hi,
Here a little pic.
To give a concrete idea of size , I have put next to the display a box of famous Cachou Lajaunie :D
You certainly want to see it "in action" but unfortunately my uC board is actually configured for Christalfuntz LCD (Backlight current and connections).
As soon as I find the time to make the changes I ll post a new pic.

Manu

Attachments

• optrex.jpg
    optrex.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,238