UGS adventures

ugs controller pcb working

Hi Gents,

Last week i get my controller board working.

Please use ponyprog only. When you startup AVR ISP first, ponyprog can't use the parallel port. It doesn't matter if you close down AVR ISP. You must restart your pc in that case!

There was only one strange thing during the startup proces. When i messured the clock oscillator(4 Mhz) it didn't work. When i sent some test "files" as writen in cheff's doc. it start working.

Johan.

Attachments

• ugs0007.jpg
    ugs0007.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,340
display

Hi Manu,

The display was only for testing. It's a standard 2x16 so i'm missing some sign's at the right site.
At the moment i'm on my holliday adress so i don't know the exact type.
I'm looking for a 2x20 blue display but i want it for free (or less).
Any cheap suggestions?

Gr.
Johan

Re: ugs controller pcb working

joho said:

Please use ponyprog only. When you startup AVR ISP first, ponyprog can't use the parallel port. It doesn't matter if you close down AVR ISP. You must restart your pc in that case!

There was only one strange thing during the startup proces. When i messured the clock oscillator(4 Mhz) it didn't work. When i sent some test "files" as writen in cheff's doc. it start working.

Johan.

Use Ponyprog ONLY to upload firmware into the chip
Use AVRStudio if you want to mod the soft !;)

Bisous à Jacco !:D

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: display

joho said:
Hi Manu,

The display was only for testing. It's a standard 2x16 so i'm missing some sign's at the right site.
At the moment i'm on my holliday adress so i don't know the exact type.
I'm looking for a 2x20 blue display but i want it for free (or less).
Any cheap suggestions?

Gr.
Johan

You can have one display like this for free, if you can do the programming on my controller-board...(and add the needed parts)

Arne K

Attachments

• apox-display.jpg
    apox-display.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,282
Re: Re: display

Cobra2 said:

You can have one display like this for free, if you can do the programming on my controller-board...(and add the needed parts)

Arne K

Hi Arne,

Four hours work and 30 euro parts is a bad deal for a display.

:D

If you have serious problems with "glueing" the 64p baby i can do it for you but there are some practical problems.
I need a PCB with the basic components(already mounted) and a
separate controller.

The best sollution is diy. Don't forget flux and solder litze(wick).
Pray to the lord and try it.

Johan

Hello guys,
I am very late participant in this GB. I apologize if I am redundant, but... I have a hard time getting all the info on this project. I am interested just in using selector and volume board and obviously everything else needed for those to work. In another word I am not going to be making preamp board but I want to use everything else. Is there anywhere BOM to be seen and some instructions that are in english? I have seen french site, but I unfortunately do not speak french. Are there any english instructions for programing and what I need for that?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
AR2

AR2 said:
Hello guys,
I am very late participant in this GB. I apologize if I am redundant, but... I have a hard time getting all the info on this project. I am interested just in using selector and volume board and obviously everything else needed for those to work. In another word I am not going to be making preamp board but I want to use everything else. Is there anywhere BOM to be seen and some instructions that are in english? I have seen french site, but I unfortunately do not speak french. Are there any english instructions for programing and what I need for that?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
AR2
Hi AR2,

this is very easy to do, the active UGS modules are on a pugin daughterboard, so it's quite straightforward to make another active board, like simple AOP board, or another discrete stuff.

Remember to adjust the supply voltages to your needs, the UGS supply voltage is +/- 24V, that's too much for AOP :)

So, just use the total BOM of the All Inclusive version, as the UGS modules have a separate BOM, if I'm not mistaken.

Maousse said:
Slice off? Sauvage! :clown:

The dedicated discrete regulators are quite good and reusable IMHO :)

Oh no, look what I did, started international incident between Dutch and French DIY populus. Please no. :firefite: :) :)

I am little bit confused here with some answers but I will come to the bottom of it. My understanding is that preamp boards are two really small ones that do not need to be cut they are already separated? Than there are two big boards (left and right) that are with spaces for relays. Is that Jacco that you are suggesting to cut something out? I see bellow relays there is portion that I am assuming is regulator board, but is that regulator only for preamp or it regulates voltages for volume/relay board as well? (There are many more boards, but I will go step by step not to confuse matters)

I'll tell you what, I will try to gather all this info and to build BOM as well as document with pictures - in english :) :) :D I am just after surgery second day so I will have some time in next few weeks. Once I can I will make some shots, for now I cannot move much.

Thank you all for quick answers, but please be patient I will bother you with some more.
AR2

Once we are in or about friendly Europe, just to mention, a few days ago I have seen In Bruges movie, awesome. If you haven't go see it.

AR2 said:
I am little bit confused here with some answers but I will come to the bottom of it. My understanding is that preamp boards are two really small ones that do not need to be cut they are already separated? Than there are two big boards (left and right) that are with spaces for relays. Is that Jacco that you are suggesting to cut something out?

Hi,
thats correct. The two big boards are relays volume control boards. And the little ones are UGS modules, to be plugged on said Mother boards. So You can connect any pre you wan't to these.
If you take alook at the wiring diagramm, you wouldn't have any difficulty to connect you pre in/out the right way.

Manu

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Manu said:

Hi,
thats correct. The two big boards are relays volume control boards. And the little ones are UGS modules, to be plugged on said Mother boards. So You can connect any pre you wan't to these.
If you take alook at the wiring diagramm, you wouldn't have any difficulty to connect you pre in/out the right way.

Manu

Manu - my man ;

can I beg you politely - if AR2 (my man , too ) ask you something in PM , please - help him ;

you can even write him in/on bosnian ;)

:clown: