• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TSE & 45's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was joking about the heat. Although I run several 12V computer fans at about 5V blowing air over my valve and transistor amps. They are silent until they age, when I replace them.
20161230_165928_zps937vn9ll.jpg

Must clean the dust off!

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got it running well.

Marilyn does look exceptionally good in Some Like it Hot.

I too have a couple computer fans running at low voltage blowing into the equipment rack. We can't all take up the room required to spread stuff out as well as it should be.

On my TSE Q1/2 and U2/3 get quite hot. I added an extra heatsink to them. They still run hot but have not failed in quite a lot of hours use.

Attachments

• DSC02278.JPG
    DSC02278.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC02279.JPG
    DSC02279.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 81
I am also building a TSE for 45’s (with the option to switch to 300B’s in the future)

Here is my setup:

Edcor XPWR131-120 for power

James 6123HS for output (running 5K – 8 ohm) (Highly recommended provides lots of options and they look great)

Triad CX14 choke.

I have a 100uf motor cap running parallel to C5 (150uf)

Sovtek 5AR4 rectifier tube

Everything else is per the Tube Lab parts list. (C4 is 47uf)

I did a bench test today and it sounds fabulous even with my cheap test speakers: (Dayton Audio B652- $29 a pair). I will be using this amp with Monitor Audio floor standing speakers.

My B+ is running between 324-326 and my B- is between 210-212 (bias is set at 27).

Is this low enough for the 45’s? I see that according to the Tube Lab site that 320 should be OK. Do I need to tweak this some more or leave well enough alone?

I getting ready to put everything into a chassis, so it would be good to figure this out now.

Thanks, Jacques

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.