• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Time for another Schuro-Reichelt group buy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BuYing Part OVER SEAs

It seems to me like the folks in Europe either are always over paying for their parts or have a difficult time in getting them.

I guess do not understand what the problems are in getting parts from the US are. I mean we are always talking in the US about the global economy and fair trade. However, it seems that is not the case.

I guess I am lucky I can get parts from Mouser, Newark the next day and Digikey in two days.

:confused:

It seems to me like the folks in Europe either are always over paying for their parts or have a difficult time in getting them.

The private people have indeed problems in Europe. Companies have no such problems. rs components, farnell (mcm) etc only supply to companies. Actually rs components you can order but have to physically collect your stuff?

Audio quality component sellers/companies in the Netherlands and Germany hardly ever accept paypal, credit cards etc.(Amplimo is one exception I know of) (That is a good thing otherwise I would be even more over my head than I already am) Groupbuy of gainclones, cardas and hopefully schuro-reichelt will all be paid by paypal.

PS...i absolutely love mouser. Being able to create project and then just order the project times x..very convenient.
Cheers,
Bas

Andrea and Rich,

you have email.

Sorry, I've been away. Maybe a little delay on the UK side of the order - should suit you Rich....

BTW, if there are non original parts from Reichelt, I will not order - I was specifically asked to get only OEM parts.

However, if it is just a single person wanting a part, then I will, of course, accept purchasing instructions from that individual.....

Cheers

Jon :)

Re: BuYing Part OVER SEAs

jewilson said:

I guess do not understand what the problems are in getting parts from the US are. I mean we are always talking in the US about the global economy and fair trade. However, it seems that is not the case.

I guess I am lucky I can get parts from Mouser, Newark the next day and Digikey in two days.:confused:

Just to quote Till (l'espiègle ?) : "How True"

As a foreword, and regarding "overpriced" parts, Europe is not well known for being a leader semiconductor manufacturer, so almost all the devices are coming from outside Europe. At higher prices ;)

Global trade is indeed a reality, but... One thing that really amaze me is the huge handling and shipping costs you have to add to the parts cost... As a side note, when ordering from Radiospares or Farnell (more recently), the shipping is free, and it's a next day delivery through a UPS or Fedex European equivalent. With these two resellers, if the part is not available from their local subsidaries, the parts are backordered for foreign subsidiaries and shipped as soon as they're available, at no cost. But I disgress ;) Back to the subject. Digikey or Mouser do not know how to ship parts without using UPS or Fedex. I've oredred several times from Digikey, clearly specifying that I wanted them to use regular surface mail (there's a specific field for this purpose in their order form), but I always received parcels from UPS or Fedex... With the corresponding fees :( Alas... And the journey's not complete : Customs have their word to say, and if you're unlucky, they're allowed to ask you some money... To sum up, the worst order I made from digikey costed me twice the part cost : a total of $200 for $110 of parts... To sum up, you can get the parts from US resellers without any problem, provided it's the only way to get them :D

A strong cultural difference between Europe and US is the european dichotomy between private people and companies. If you're a private one, you will face huge problems getting parts from most of distibutors. AFAIK, the difference is not so strong in US, where a buck is a buck. I love you for that ;)

But European resellers do not help us either, as Bas Horneman said... A lot of "Internet" resellers have problems taking credit cards, paypal, etc... Only bank transfers, where banks charge a lot :( And they even do not have "international" (English) pages. Enjoy the babel fish...

The only positive sides here are the non existent custom fees and the Euro that avoids changing rates.

Bas Horneman said:
rs components, farnell (mcm) etc only supply to companies. Actually rs components you can order but have to physically collect your stuff?

I usually order from Farnell or RS being a private, and it's a next day delivery at your door....

krishu said:
Hello,

just to let you know: you CAN order from Farnell and RS Components (at least in Germany) as a private person. Farnell accepts only orders up from 50 Euro, RS does'nt care. I ordered some LM3875 there and nothing else and got it within two days.

Cheers
Christian.

Yes but RS components prices :headshot: :dead:

Cheers

Andrea

And YES, distribution system in Italy really sucks. Why (as a example) should I pay a cell battery 30-40€ when I can find it at 3-4€ on the internet?

This is very unfortunate that we cannot do business with out all the intermediaries messing up the works. It seems UPS and FEDX has the shipping market out of the US locked up. I personally dislike UPS and some of their practices.

So if you purchasing components from an individual or company what are the best methods for shipping to Europe.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.