Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Moi Dodo Genius :clown:

Attachments

• ZM-Genius.jpg
    ZM-Genius.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 89
Went fishing today....in 2 minutes my back went into a short-term spasm, so I spent a lot of the day just reading a book in the car and taking pics of the close by action!

Not much of a day all told, and then to fiind that all you DoDos have taken flight :)scratch1:) has really sealed it as being a day best forgotten!!! :mad:. [I'd probably have had more success looking by trash cans for a pair of Tannoy Silvers!:D

I did buy several pairs of golds, the original pair of Reds amnd a single broken black. [The black and silver had been used in a foldback system unused since they went stereo.

That was all before I discovered Macs, internet etc. They all came from the old Olympic Studios in Barnes, London. [The reds were the main monitors for many years.] Also got HK 1&2, a RAdford T100 hybrid, 2 boxes of original Gold Lion KT 88, a load of small tubz and four really good tubz mikes. x2 C24 incl. The studio had been sold to richard Branson, it was rebuilt (Sam Toyashima did the design) and it was not very successful. I sold all that drek for what was - even then - pennies. No eBAy, no way of finding dealers/users. All ended up in Asia I believe.:mad::mad::mad:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Mind you this poor guy lost three salmon - but caught a 25lb. fish - He also broke a $800 rod and the fish being played in the pic came off as the hook snapped off 3' from the landing net. So he also had a bad day!:)

$800 / 25 lbs. = $32 bucks a pound - - - - - - and that is just for starters. Next you get to factor in the cost of travel and license and permit and beer etc.

My biggest expense has always been when SWMBO goes shopping while I'm gone. :eek:

I always found Tannoys to be reluctant to give up much real detail - unless driven quite hard.

Sure they are easy to live with. I must add that I have not heard a pair which had been put up by a modern expert...one just like you ZM. I would like to have kept the mikes, but had no real use for them. [I still have some (3) V72 mike amps and one missing a couple off electros and face plate.]

Nothing new then ?
Ya, you got me.
He also broke a $800 rod
$800 rods? Wait, we have speaker cables selling for more than that
But these guys had a good day! :)
Doggies, good doggies.
"beer" .... do you mind? :eek:
THAT guy only drinks fine French reds. :cool:
That's his problem. Expanding his outdated palate might surprise, even enlighten him. BC's award winning wines don't rely on pretentiousness.

Cheers.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I always found Tannoys to be reluctant to give up much real detail - unless driven quite hard.

Sure they are easy to live with. I must add that I have not heard a pair which had been put up by a modern expert...one just like you ZM. I would like to have kept the mikes, but had no real use for them. [I still have some (3) V72 mike amps and one missing a couple off electros and face plate.]

me no expert :rofl:

however , I have invitation from Aleksandar RAAL , to bring them for quick torture , resulting in sketch of best (home use ) xover

in a meantime , I'm driving them with simplest xover possible ( choke and RC on bass , sole small cap on squawker) , and boxless .......

most probably result of my habit in last decade - I'm trying all (new to me ) speakers in boxless arrangement first .... you'll be surprised how many gems are around , used that way ......