The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Since you are busy, perhaps you might have a suggestion or two for a cheap to make line amp using k216 and j79? I have two pairs of each as NOS. [I had a German really glitzy red plexiglas boxed pre which used these and it would drive my then speakers by itself...........(they were Impulse H1 horns)!

c2c.............Please save yourself the trouble of writing..............someone else has offered to 'dispose' of them safely- in the best green approved manner!:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Since you are busy, perhaps you might have a suggestion or two for a cheap to make line amp using k216 and j79? I have two pairs of each as NOS. [I had a German really glitzy red plexiglas boxed pre which used these and it would drive my then speakers by itself...........(they were Impulse H1 horns)!

c2c.............Please save yourself the trouble of writing..............someone else has offered to 'dispose' of them safely- in the best green approved manner!:D:D

Those devices are to modern for me - need stuff with 2N numberz....:D:D:D

The (2S)J79s must be Irish as they are encased in green plastic! The Irish use a lot of it to make cheap moulded leprachauns and shamrock etc. to sell at rip-off prices from American tourists......................... they can't resist that sh*te.;)

:D:D:D

Also got two pairs of K226.................same applies c2c.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

BA3 FE , what else ?

or you can read e-mail , to chat about something which is from Dark Ages

speak more about H1 ..... ( later - Lali ?)

Last edited:
A set of audio cables that go for $3500 bucks for 2 meters. :eek:

YAMAMURA 6000 CABLES SPEAKERS, SPADES, 8 FTS | Speaker | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

I don't think that model iz made anymore - most likely have upgraded to even more advanced (read expensive) units.

Perhaps Brian can help out - he iz a big fan of Mr. Yamamura.... :D

If you avoid CAT5 and such cables it is possible to make interconnect, digital, loudspeaker, USB and mains cables yourself for a very low cost.
However some work hours are required, but with superb results in fidelity.

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• giant-rubber-duck.jpg
    giant-rubber-duck.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 99
Joined 2006
Paid Member
All dodos gone for a maiden voyage on Stajo's re-worked tub?

0700 hrs. here in Nashville so just getting around to hooking up coffee IV unit (just heard the beeeeeeep-beeeeeeep sound go off so iz finished cooking).

We have no seen Stajo around and now you have me wondering if he is onna desert island somewhere.....

Attachments

• Gilligan's Island - Cast photo.jpg
    Gilligan's Island - Cast photo.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Gilligan's Island - whip cream.jpg
    Gilligan's Island - whip cream.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 78