The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Yes pretty sure of it especially the real cool stuff like IBM congress introducing voice recognition type writer 1977
Samthink or rather went funny with one of the camper size machine they had and IBM tech destroy million pound PCB was the hi light for me
Or projection of city lights with Charlie Chaplin attending with doughter:hbeat: and wife :hbeat::hbeat::censored:and score played by Prague symphonic in S Mark Square

I met a few people and been in a few places for a 16 year old kid out on its own I got a few stories to tell.

So what where you up to at 16 ?

Must have been totaly different life whit no telly and such where you one of the luky ones whose parents di own a fridge?:D

But this is just braghin about me just faschinated by toys doctors can play with...

Last edited:
You had a lot of fun RV. (Sometimes seems that you still use one of those voice recognition machines.:rolleyes:) I can imagine the IBM fallout when that machine went down for the full count; did you have anything to do with it? :rofl: Plug the powersupply into the mic inlets perhaps?;):D

Back when I was 16 - in 1956 - I was either at school in England or back in Ireland fishing or riding (other people's) horses and daughters. My parents - then - did not have a TV as there was no signal where we lived and they had no fridge as the house was cold enough not to need one.:yes:

Milioon paund PCB was out of Expert system prototype computer

So yes different an faschinating. One has to go and get it whit no telly
But one may dwel on the fridge question." WTF does a fridge has to do with it" you may think.

Prety simple to find out.
Seal the door of yours with Duck tape for a week

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• duct tape - sexy lady.jpg
    duct tape - sexy lady.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 62
They didn't have quakka tape when I was a kid! They had only a cotton bandage stuff impreg with a black treacle/tar type stuff. It was called "electricians" tape. You may still find some on old Leak amps etc!

Seal the doors? you know that the Irish keep an open door for everyone - all year round; even 'talians; but they were likely to be selling ice cream or were priests. (not much difference)
cleardot.gif

c2c;

Can imagine why they used 'duct' tape!

Nah we have been here before it is duck tape as is funnier than duct tape

Duck 50mm x 10m Original Cloth Tape - White: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Or you can have Gorilla tape if same sort of interaction whit bananas or such was called for.

But seems that you stubbornly refuse to grasp the concept that English is a collection of spelling mistakes

I stick (Velcro please in this case ) to my stubborn and relentless refusal to use A spell cheek, why replicate some one else errors when I am perfectly capable to make my own DIY ne cest pas and in so doing give you (as in a whole bunch of dodos) plenty of opportunity to belittle or have same fun.
To twizzle you swizzles got typical example for you

Like You as You or iU or U or TU
TU being the Italian form to address second person in a familiar way some one you know as you may have had a scoop or 2
NoT Lei which is more formal and generaly reserved to people you do not know or are in need to think that they are better than U

What the problem? who cares?
Some same dude forgot the T and same dude decided to put an exclamation mark in front of the U to draw attention of the second person or persons and so on

My deepest tanks to Thomas (Tommaso) does the white bit on the side sez fragiale or fragile?

Last edited:
Seal the doors? you know that the Irish keep an open door for everyone - all year round; even 'talians; but they were likely to be selling ice cream or were priests. (not much difference)
cleardot.gif

:D

Not getting the fact or grasping the concept that me telling those other dodos to show same respect.
Read message again I know you had no telly
and growing up with no fridge means you got to learn a few things.
Missed all that? is sad

They also had same prety nasty spiked sandals to walk on the roads they built

Agree on the ICE cream and priest bit.
give them a penny (or 6) for the prommise of Even.
One end up whit same fresh water most times

There was a guy in SW London who had the whole basement filled with a computer (Tubz, if you please) I guess 1800 sq to 9-10' ceiling feet of close spaced rows of industrial shelving.
Each 'block/cell" looked like a large Quad power amp. He reckoned that a $5.00 calculator had at least x10 the power that his item possessed. The main tube in each I seem to remember was a rare alternative to a 300B, 4274??

:D

Not getting the fact or grasping the concept that me telling those other dodos to show same respect.
Read message again I know you had no telly.....
and growing up with no fridge means you got to learn a few things.
Missed all that? is sad .............eat it whilst fresh...still the best.

They also had same prety nasty spiked sandals to walk on the roads they built - they were for golf and chasin those fast Irish wimmin.:rolleyes:

Agree on the ICE cream and priest bit......ice-cream was 'taly's biggest export and priests were Oirland's biggest export.
give them a penny (or 6) for the prommise of Even.
One end up whit same fresh water most times

It is only since reading your developed form of English that I am getting up to date; hip even! :vampire: